...another storage thread :rolleyes:

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

...another storage thread :rolleyes:

Post by Liquid Cobra »

So I finally found a case I like and that will work well for me. I'm not worried about having something that locks, but I needed to be able to see into it from eye level as it sits on the top shelf of my closet. This case has doors that swing out which is nice. The drawers are opaque which will help with knife identification while closed. However, I'm a bit of a creature of habit so I'm sure I'll have the spots memorized soon enough. I took the foam out of the boxes the knives came in and put them in the drawers for a little cushioning. All the knives fit well enough, and any that are too big go in the larger drawers at the bottom. The only problem I have with the case is of course that it is now full. My entire collection fits in it, so it is time to either stop buying knives, or get another case heh heh.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Half Sack
Location: Alberta, undisclosed location of the Weapon Plus Program

Post by Half Sack »

I like that case. I see some knives I have and some I want. Good stuff!
Welcome to our newest member, Half Sack
:spyder: Endura4 wave, Ladybug Hawkbill H1, Byrd Hawkbill, PM2 digi camo, Sharpmaker *Sprints: Dodo Orange, MeerKat Burgundy, "R" Nishijin *Discontinued: Caspian H1 :spyder: #ByrdWeek Winner :cool:
No one likes the dark - Robin Sherbatsky
*Signature not updated, purchases missing...*
Holland

Post by Holland »

Great idea for storage! Looks like everything fits great
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I wanted something fancier but I finally bought one of these (Plano 3700) at Walmart to function until I find something better. It easily holds 16 knives of the size of the Military or Manix 2 XL. Except for thicker knives like the Vallotton it could probably hold 3 per compartment or 24 total. For shorter knives like the Sage or Delica, it could probably hold 48 knives. I believe it measures about 9" x 14"

(Ignore the off-brand knives in the photo.)

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I like that that's flat. Nice and stackable.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Beautiful case. I really need one of those! Thanks. :)
Revival

Post by Revival »

Nice case! I wouldn't mind one like that.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I like that that's flat. Nice and stackable.
If you are talking about the Plano 3700. Plano makes several different cases that will hold and stack multiple 3700's.