Got me a big'un yesterday

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
remnar

Got me a big'un yesterday

Post by remnar »

:eek:

This is a great little knife, and so cute. :D I added the fob today to give me a little more to grip.

I also picked up a Super Blue Delica. I guess I was in a gray handle kinda mood.

-remnar
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Gotta love the G10 Jester! Beautiful knife.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Great choice adding some grey to your collection. You couldn't have chosen wiser. I too love a lanyard on my Jester to ease plucking it from my watch pocket.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Makes a great neck knife if you throw it on a chain. Did you by chance pick it up from warriors and wonders?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Now there are some photo skills! Great shot Liquid Cobra!
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Mine came from Warriors and Wonders. No lanyard or neckchain here...keychain duty, and you can probably guess what kind of truck I drive lol.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
remnar

Post by remnar »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Image

Makes a great neck knife if you throw it on a chain. Did you by chance pick it up from warriors and wonders?
No, I got it at a gun show yesterday. I was looking for a chain today, but didn't find anything that I liked.
Great pic! I wish that I had your photo skills. :)
Invective

Post by Invective »

Very nice pickup, the G-10 Jester was my first Spydie! It chills on my lanyard as well, although I swapped the keyring with the clip on the Pico, makes it much easier to remove if the rest of the lanyard is in the way.

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Thanks for the compliment Eric and remnar. The jester did the heavy lifting :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

3rdGenRigger wrote:you can probably guess what kind of truck I drive lol.
Toyota? Hmm... I don't really know trucks, so it was just a wild guess.

Jester is great. Mine rides in a CountryComm sheath on my keys (but no truck fob, just the Beta QR from Jason's Kickstarter, which I LOVE)

Ken
玉鋼
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Thanks for the compliment Eric and remnar. The jester did the heavy lifting :)
I agree! Outstanding photo, brother. Museum quality. Sal should hang that up in the SFO!

Ken
玉鋼
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Congrats on Jester. I love mine. To my big surprise I love it more than burgundy micarta variant. :eek: Probably because it has liners. It is too bad that Spyderco discontinued them. Poor sale, I was told. And Ladybug selling better. I have no idea why somebody would take ladybug over jester.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

bh49 wrote: I have no idea why somebody would take ladybug over jester.
You and me, both, Roman. I've never understood that.

Ken
玉鋼
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

That Jester blade sure has character! I also agree, but I picked up the Manbug G10! It is a nice match! :)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

kbuzbee wrote:You and me, both, Roman. I've never understood that.

Ken
I agree with you both. The forward jimping is the key feature that stands out above the manbug or ladybug.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

I've been looking high and low for a G-10 Jester without any success. Only place I've seen them is BBS and I'm reluctant to give them business at the prices they are charging. So disappointing that I got into Spydercos just a little too late to easily get one of these guys.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I have had an all Stainless Jester on my keychain for a few years now and find I use it more than any other knife I carry.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I've always wanted to do a ZDP blade swap on one of these, but I'm too cheap to pay what they're going for.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Invective

Post by Invective »

bh49 wrote:And Ladybug selling better. I have no idea why somebody would take ladybug over jester.
The only reason I can think of is that the LadyBug comes in ZDP. Now if we had a ZDP Jester, then that'd be my one keychain knife :D
remnar

Post by remnar »

eric m. wrote:That Jester blade sure has character! I also agree, but I picked up the Manbug G10! It is a nice match! :)
I had the Jester and the Manbug side by side. I decided on the Jester for a couple of reasons. #1 they are harder to come by and a sprint model. #2 the shape of the blade is more unique and it gives it a smaller profile. #3 The Jester was priced a little less than the Manbug.

Now if I see that Manbug at next months gun show, then it will probably come home with me. Has anybody developed a cure for this Spydie addiction that has taken ahold of me? :D