Anyone have a blue nishijin cricket? It's so pretty...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dres_x

Anyone have a blue nishijin cricket? It's so pretty...

Post by dres_x »

My first and most lusted for spydie was a SS SE cricket. Carried as my edc for a long time until I got my techno. Now looking at pics of the blue nishijin that came out recently I'm having trouble resisting getting one :)

Just wondering if any of you guys have it and if anyone has some nice pics to post just to push me over the edge and grab it :P

I'll start with some random ones I found on the net.

I've seen black nishijin in person before (not the cricket though) and it's absolutely beautiful when you move it around in the light. But I haven't progressed to the point where I'd just toss down $100 for an almost duplicate knife :P
remnar

Post by remnar »

I thought that I ordered one a couple of weeks ago, but a couple of days later when I was checking the order comfirmation I noticed that it said black Nishijin. I'm still not sure if the mistake was do to my sleepy late night internet ordering or if somehow I was the victim of the ol' switch-a-roo. I kept the black and it is very nice, but I'd rather have the blue (or maybe both).

-remnar
buckthorn

Post by buckthorn »

Funny you should bring this up. My dealer ordered two blues, one for me and one for a friend of mine. I went to pick up the order today and it had come in with one blue and one black. The dealer offered to return the black but when I looked at them side by side I decided to take the black. They're both attractive and the pattern seemed to show up a bit more strongly in the blue but the blue is a bit flashy for my taste. YMMV!
dres_x

Post by dres_x »

Interesting! Perhaps you guys could throw up some pics? :D
remnar

Post by remnar »

dres_x wrote:Interesting! Perhaps you guys could throw up some pics? :D
Sorry for the poor quality, but here you go.

rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I have the black Nishijin Cricket, and have debated on getting the blue - it looks pretty in some pictures I've seen, but I haven't seen blue Nishijin in person. Although I think the Cricket is a neat design, I have a bit of a difficult time opening it, my thumbs are losing their dexterity as I get older and the knife is on the small side for me to operate it easily.

I do have the blue Nishijin/damascus Stretch on order even though I already have the black Nishijin/damascus Stretch. When that comes in it may help me decide if I would also like a blue Nishijin Cricket.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Just FYI but Howes has the black ones for $59! If I hadn't just bought one....

Ken
玉鋼
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

He has one less. :D

Tom
dres_x

Post by dres_x »

Oh wow the black one looks nice too...

Unfortunately international shipping from howes is pretty expensive >.< else I would have jumped on that deal :(
bh49

Post by bh49 »

great price, unfortunately for me I do not like glossy staff. Probably I will get Lava instead.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Rogcohen

Picked one up

Post by Rogcohen »

Basically for my fiancee. I love the cricket design (might be my favourite Spyderco knife) and she always liked it too, so I got one she can use at work. I'm just fine with my regular old SS one.

It really is a pretty knife.