Getting Excited: PM2 in CTS-204P

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Getting Excited: PM2 in CTS-204P

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I just wanted to share my excitement. Yesterday, I received an email from Knifeworks that they had a green PM2 in CTS-204P available for me if I wanted it. Yes, please! Back in June, I had asked to be placed on the email notification list to be notified when a second run of these were available. I assumed that I was too far down the list to actually get one of these, but looks like I got lucky! (I am not sure if a second run was ordered or if this one is one that somebody didn't want from the initial run for some reason.) Has anyone else received a similar email from Knifeworks?
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Email them back and tell them to give it to me, instead!

I'm on their list, but haven't gotten any notice. My guess is they are going down the list and giving people the chance to buy as they come in. Hopefully I'm far enough up on the list to get one..
Clip

Post by Clip »

Same here Tom, I've been on the list since they ended their preorder for the first batch and haven't heard a thing. Hopefully they're getting more in.

Congrats Capt, post pics when you get it.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Cool, wonder how many they got.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

FCM415 wrote:Cool, wonder how many they got.
Their web site says they had an option to order 400 more after the first run.
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

Knifeworks is first class and at the top of my list of dealers.They will have the Manix XL sprint And Yo sprint at some point also.Great folks who have some special Spydero's every year!
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Will post pics once it arrives!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The 204P PM2 seems to be one that just sort of came and went with no real talk or anything. Other than the bit of moaning and stuff with the release, no one really talked about it. Not a lot of reviews or anthing...

Yet I think that it is probably the best looking (other than the CF)...and has an exceptional blade steel.
On the hunt for...
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:The 204P PM2 seems to be one that just sort of came and went with no real talk or anything. Other than the bit of moaning and stuff with the release, no one really talked about it. Not a lot of reviews or anthing...

Yet I think that it is probably the best looking (other than the CF)...and has an exceptional blade steel.
I haven't used mine a lot. I haven't even put my own edge on it because it came together with a CF para 2. Guess which one immediately went into my pocket. :)
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

Thoughts on my green Para2 (also from the late batch KW got from factory staff passing them over):
Out of the box, the handle felt really big at first compared to my current users (PPT, Delica, Junior, Techno, late-factory-passover S110V N5, Chap 1).

I understand this is a common reaction for first-timers upon holding the PM2, and after a week I stopped thinking about it as anything but normal. The only issue was the clip in tip-up leaving more of the knife out of my pocket than I wanted. I ordered a "dirty brown" STR clip and now it's perfect.

The pivot/opening took a few days to work in to where I wanted it, but that's nothing compared to how long my brand new green N5 and Chap 1 back locks took to dial in. It's easier to open without the compression lock mousetrapping my hand than the Junior. It feels better in RGEI (pakal) than any of my folders besides my P'kal.

Just a great all-around knife so far. Great execution by the people who put it together at the factory. Hasn't done a ton of cutting yet because I usually carry my beater saber ZDP Delica around the house and work has kept me glued to a desk lately, but this knife's time to shine will come.