Domino dropping!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
WorkingEdge

Post by WorkingEdge »

d.2.the.p wrote:Not only wide, but the blade length is unfortunately too long for me to legally carry. I'd love a Ti framelock flipper with a 2.75"-3" blade made out of a nice steel. However, the only knives I've seen that will fulfill that niche for me are customs. Maybe if Spyderco puts out a 3rd flipper, it will be a little smaller. Here's to wishful thinking :)
What's the limit in DC? The length is stated as 3.13 inches. I figure I can shave off 1/8 of an inch when I reprofile the edge for my 3 inch limit.
throwback8

Post by throwback8 »

Got my order in at GP Knives. Can't wait.
:spyder: Tenacious - Sage 1 - Paramilitary 2 - Southard - Domino :spyder:
grewich

Post by grewich »

I've gotta say, not for me. I absolutely love my brad southard. So it's not the flipper. It's the shorter fatter blade. Eh, oh well.
Zencowboy

Domino pic comparison with Sage and Manix

Post by Zencowboy »

I went by the Spyderco Outlet and she let me take a photo to show a comparison. Domino / Sage / Manix Sprint Run CTS-BD30P

I have to say this Domino is one of my favorite and has a sweeeet open and smooth! Well worth the $ IMO.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdqq15hug6354 ... -Manix.jpg Bigger pic

[ATTACH]22569[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Photo1(1).jpg
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Might want to check out W & W for the Domino and others. Not my thing, but just trying to help.
- best wishes, Jazz.
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

Thanks for the comparison pic, zencowboy - I didn't realize how much bigger the Domino is, compared to the Sage. That makes me want one just a bit more now...

Edit: Also, is that a specific sprint of the manix 2? I like that it's full flat ground, like its larger brother...
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
Zencowboy

Post by Zencowboy »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:Thanks for the comparison pic, zencowboy - I didn't realize how much bigger the Domino is, compared to the Sage. That makes me want one just a bit more now...

Edit: Also, is that a specific sprint of the manix 2? I like that it's full flat ground, like its larger brother...
That was my sprint run of the CTS-BD30P Manix and one of my favorite carries the Sage.

Your Welcome!! :-)
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

IG-88 wrote:They will be in stock at the dealers 14/08 so they will not ship before this date :)
Thank you very much, this is tomorrow!

I just checked their website and they are still accepting pre-orders... They have to have quite a bit of pre-orders in there by now -- I don't understand how a company will accept pre-orders beyond their means to fulfill it if thats true. I really hope I get that email tomorrow, as I've had chances to buy it from Warriors and Wonders earlier today. I'm going to be extremely disappointed in knife center if that happens.
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Jazz wrote:Might want to check out W & W for the Domino and others. Not my thing, but just trying to help.
Gone in about 3 hours!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

DedRok wrote:Thank you very much, this is tomorrow!

I just checked their website and they are still accepting pre-orders... They have to have quite a bit of pre-orders in there by now -- I don't understand how a company will accept pre-orders beyond their means to fulfill it if thats true. I really hope I get that email tomorrow, as I've had chances to buy it from Warriors and Wonders earlier today. I'm going to be extremely disappointed in knife center if that happens.
If its KC you are referring to, they do that all the time.
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

Philo Beddoe wrote:If its KC you are referring to, they do that all the time.

Yeah, Knife center.

.... so I may have missed the boat. I pre-ordered a while ago... Time will tell!
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
sechip

Post by sechip »

osso grande knives has them in stock right now... i just checked.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

sechip wrote:osso grande knives has them in stock right now... i just checked.
I've never ordered from them so I can't say for sure but I've read some not so good things about them..basically call them and make sure the item is in stock. They have a history of showing product in stock when its really not and you could be waiting for weeks.
sechip

Post by sechip »

Philo Beddoe wrote:I've never ordered from them so I can't say for sure but I've read some not so good things about them..basically call them and make sure the item is in stock. They have a history of showing product in stock when its really not and you could be waiting for weeks.
^^^^^^^
Sorry i was not aware, good advice!
Rogcohen

Post by Rogcohen »

Philo Beddoe wrote:I've never ordered from them so I can't say for sure but I've read some not so good things about them..basically call them and make sure the item is in stock. They have a history of showing product in stock when its really not and you could be waiting for weeks.
I think I ordered from them once and it went fine, but I also believe they had the domino listed as in stock about a week ago (when it clearly wasn't). Got online and notice that others have had the same problem as you mention above.

I think mine should be shipping today from Howe's! Here in the next day or two.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Hmmm....tempting that Domino....tempting....
Tom
drhanson

Post by drhanson »

The Domino is at the top of my list. Since I'm newer to the frenzy, I didn't pre-order anywhere and can't find it in stock online. Do the brick and mortar stores traditionally get the new models at the same time as the bigger online dealers?
Infinite Zero

Post by Infinite Zero »

A slightly smaller Manix with a titanium frame lock, carbon fiber, XHP AND it's a flipper?! Yes please.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Infinite Zero wrote:A slightly smaller Manix with a titanium frame lock, carbon fiber, XHP AND it's a flipper?! Yes please.
Oh wow it looks great!! I'm so excited!
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Wish it was made in Golden!