New Forum Native5 - What was your first "legitimate" or interesting use of yours?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:You know you're a Spyderco addict when your answer to "what was your first legitimate use of your Spyderco" is "opening the box for another Spyderco" :D
haha, I think this is called chain-Spydercoing :)
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

xceptnl wrote:Currently it is just my "precious" I wipe it down and sit it on the coffee table near me and stare at it all night! :D
This is exactly what I have planned if I get lucky on the waiting list. :)
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

xceptnl wrote:Currently it is just my "precious" I wipe it down and sit it on the coffee table near me and stare at it all night! :D
You need to get one of the Glow-In-The-Dark Native 5's, so you can still stare at it after you turn the lights out :D .

I used mine a bit to make some thin wood shavings, for fire starting.
But today I have my fluted Titanium Native 5 back in my pocket, 'cause it's pretty too! :) .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
endgame

Post by endgame »

Don't they also glow for a long time?mine seems to last awhile with a good charge.its seems even if its in my pocket I pull it out and its real dark it still glows.same with my edc manix 2 glow scale knife.amazing.its ala ffg. Love these knives.if you missed out I feel sorry for you its seems you don't even have to charge them in light if its dark they glow.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

endgame wrote:Don't they also glow for a long time?mine seems to last awhile with a good charge.its seems even if its in my pocket I pull it out and its real dark it still glows.same with my edc manix 2 glow scale knife.amazing.its ala ffg. Love these knives.if you missed out I feel sorry for you its seems you don't even have to charge them in light if its dark they glow.
I'd love to have one, especially the Manix2 -- I may have to join the EDC forum in case they run one like that again. I could use the excuse that it would be easier to find while camping or, more likely, working on my wiring, heating or plumbing under the house or in the attic at night.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I sharpened it the other day and cut some celery today.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
endgame

Post by endgame »

DougC-3 wrote:I'd love to have one, especially the Manix2 -- I may have to join the EDC forum in case they run one like that again. I could use the excuse that it would be easier to find while camping or, more likely, working on my wiring, heating or plumbing under the house or in the attic at night.
Yea its a real good knife and handle you get a good price on one jump so worth it.the manix 2 from edc forum has the scalloped liners and ffg blade just the perfect nighttime knife.
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Used it on the weekend to cut down some thick cardboard boxes that the bookshelfs came in.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I got my first ding in my forum Native today :eek:
I was opening a stubborn toy package with little zip ties everywhere, and forgot the knife was sitting on my lap. It clattered onto the tile floor, and put two good size dings on the edge of one scale. Oh well, it is a user, and there's no point in babying it anymore!
:bug-red-white
Donut

Post by Donut »

gbelleh wrote:I got my first ding in my forum Native today :eek:
I was opening a stubborn toy package with little zip ties everywhere, and forgot the knife was sitting on my lap. It clattered onto the tile floor, and put two good size dings on the edge of one scale. Oh well, it is a user, and there's no point in babying it anymore!
How dare you!

:)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!