2013 Spyderco Forum Knife Native5 - C41GPGR5 - RELEASE INFO

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mandrake

Post by mandrake »

TazKristi wrote:Hi Phil,
At the appropriate time when the item goes live you can search for it. 99% of our product is listed on our site by the model #. In this case the model # is C41GGR5 (the model # is the SKU without the "P", "PS" or "S" which notates edge configuration. You can also search by it's simple name, "Native". And finally, once it's live it would also appear in the "New Spyderco" section under the catalog, http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/list.ph ... n=spyderco.

Hope this helps!
Quite helpful, thanks to everyone that replied. I am pretty excited. The forum knife and K390 Mule on the same day.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Evil D wrote:That said, I would kill to have a compression lock version of the Native 5. I can live with the mid lock no problem, but I would be so much happier with a compression lock.
Man, I would LOVE to have a compression lock version of the Native 5. I might consider that to be the ultimate 3" EDC blade.

Having said that, I am pretty excited about this Forum knife and I'm really impressed with the materials spyderco chose for this project. They could've just slapped some green scales on delica and called it a day but instead I feel like they went a step above and beyond to provide this with S110V and custom cut G10. Very nice.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Evil D wrote:I'm pretty pumped about this knife. I've become pretty bored with mid/back lock knives, but I have a lot of history with the Native and have yet to get the 5 so I'm excited about it. I already know I'm going to love the ergonomics so there's no surprises there. That said, I would kill to have a compression lock version of the Native 5. I can live with the mid lock no problem, but I would be so much happier with a compression lock.

I have to be honest though...I have no love for that green color. I may be part of the minority here though. I would much rather have an olive green color than the pine tree forest green, but I do like that texture a lot and I hope this knife is a sign that we'll be seeing more CNC cut designs like this in the future on more models. The design looks simple enough to recreate that I'm tempted to use some graphing paper and a hacksaw blade to cut the same design into some of my other knives.
If it helps, I didn't expect to like this color, which is the same that was used on the recent Para2 exclusive. In real life, I quickly decided I liked it quite a bit. Maybe there's hope. :)
ricechrispy

Post by ricechrispy »

I knew I would love this knife, but that photo you posted looks so much better than the mock-up. Even more excited now. Where'd you find that, Shakyamuni?

Chris
In chronological order:
Paramilitary 2, BD30P Manix 2, Delica 4, M390 Mule, XHP Military, Dragonfly 2, Woodcraft Mule, ZDP-189 Manbug, Cruwear Mule, Superleaf, Forum Native 5, Manix 2 XL, Endura 4
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Green happens to be my favorite handle color if not black, check out my sig! Combine that with the steel and Spyderco's usual excellent HT and in the N5 platform which is one if my favorites makes me very excited to get this.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Shakyamuni

Post by Shakyamuni »

ricechrispy wrote:I knew I would love this knife, but that photo you posted looks so much better than the mock-up. Even more excited now. Where'd you find that, Shakyamuni?

Chris
Newgraham had a couple collector's numbers for sale today, and had a photo posted: http://newgraham.com/store/product/1105 ... -10-S110V/
Manbug G-10, Salt I PE, Pacific Salt SE, Caly 3.5, Green Forum Native 5, Green ParaMilitary 2, Centofante 3
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JNewell wrote:If it helps, I didn't expect to like this color, which is the same that was used on the recent Para2 exclusive. In real life, I quickly decided I liked it quite a bit. Maybe there's hope. :)
I will definitely give it a chance, and I don't plan on dying the scales so I guess I'm stuck with them one way or another, unless I happen upon a fluted Native 5, in which case I may not be able to stop myself from swapping the blades LOL.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Howes already posted real picture and this is the beautiful knife. Two more days.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

So did NGK. Nice knife!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Are they really out of stock already. They probably decided to keep for themselves. I cannot blame them.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

bh49 wrote:Are they really out of stock already. They probably decided to keep for themselves. I cannot blame them.
I was under the impression that they only had a couple in stock.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

senorsquare wrote:I was under the impression that they only had a couple in stock.
Yes. Still. I need only couple.

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Would be nice if some of our New York members snagged the CC numbered ones.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

The Deacon wrote:Would be nice if some of our New York members snagged the CC numbered ones.
That is a terrific thought, Paul.

Ken
玉鋼
buckthorn

Post by buckthorn »

That's very considerate of you Paul.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

sal wrote:Hi Russde, Capt'n Boatsalot, Griff, Balew, & Dgebler,

Welcome to our forum.
Having read quite a few threads on this forum, this is the kind of the reception that I guess I expected, but it is still extremely cool to get a response from the man himself. Thanks for making us new folks feel welcome!
huckabee

Post by huckabee »

Just found out about this one and joined the forum. Looks like I'm getting up early on Thursday!
Prospero

Post by Prospero »

[ATTACH]22352[/ATTACH]

....less than 24 hours! Who else is pumped up for this!!!????
Attachments
images.jpg
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Prospero wrote:[ATTACH]22352[/ATTACH]

....less than 24 hours! Who else is pumped up for this!!!????
Dude, where'd you find that picture of me? :p
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

Collector Club number 075 is already on the very large auction site.