green pm-2 at crasy prices allready

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

green pm-2 at crasy prices allready

Post by endgame »

Go check ebay and see what these are going for now only days after release cheapest is $350 glad I got friends who sold me one for cost this is crazy.what r they going to go for 2 years from now.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Check BF, it looks like prices go down already. There is one @ $260. They used to go for $320. Probably too many want to sell. Eventually they will go up. Anyway, IMHO when people ready to pay more than MRSP this is not reasonable, unless it it something unique like cranbury Lum. But usually unique items do not have MRSP.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
shaolinbill

Post by shaolinbill »

Someone in another thread said that Roger from KW was ordering another batch - 400 more - patience - it follows that as the supply increases and the fever subsides, prices may fall to earth - Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware
vtvman

Post by vtvman »

I wanted a green para 2 pretty badly for a while but now im just waiting for the fluted cf version :D
endgame

Post by endgame »

Gl luck
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

The sprints (at least popular ones) seem to cap pretty quickly. I wouldn't expect a $350 Para2 to be worth $700 in 5-10 years unless the costs associated with making them rose 500%+.
PMBohol

Post by PMBohol »

In some ways this whole thing reminds me of the beanie baby fad way back when and we all know how that turned out. KW could help the process by asking for full payment up front. Too many people jockeying around as they put down a small deposit. Another way would be to not announce the sprint until the knives are almost ready. Letting things simmer for long periods like the last run proved how detrimental that was. One month should be enough.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Wow, cheapest of the 16 that have sold on ebay was $300 plus shipping.

I don't think the wait for this knife had much to do with sales value, although the complete lack of exclusives for a year probably pushed demand a little. The initial pre-order sold out extremely quickly. This is just great model, great steel and best G-10 color.

I've been banging the drum on Lil' Temp green G-10 for years. The Lil' Temp had four production runs and, years later, the exclusives were and the forum knife will be in very high demand. Spyderco should put dark green G-10 to the test on another regular model.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Donut

Post by Donut »

Sequimite wrote:Wow, cheapest of the 16 that have sold on ebay was $300 plus shipping.
Seq, I thought you said $300 was the cheapest of the 16 that YOU sold on ebay.

I laughed when I re-read it. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Donut wrote:Seq, I thought you said $300 was the cheapest of the 16 that YOU sold on ebay.

I laughed when I re-read it. :)
With only two I can't afford to sell any. This is pretty much my dream EDC.

I sometimes buy a bunch of discontinued Spydies to resell but think it rude to do so on exclusives and sprints when so many folks are trying to get their hands on them for personal use.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Sequimite wrote:With only two I can't afford to sell any. This is pretty much my dream EDC.

I sometimes buy a bunch of discontinued Spydies to resell but think it rude to do so on exclusives and sprints when so many folks are trying to get their hands on them for personal use.
That is a very fair way to look at and so true. I hate when you miss a sprint that you really wanted and you know that a vast majority were just bought by resellers. I can't justify buying one of the Green PM2's for the prices they are asking now. Oh well that's OK I just won't be a sleep at the switch when the next one comes along, **** maybe I will buy a half a dozen and ... kidding.
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

I can't imagine paying $300 plus for a para
In omnia paratus
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I can't imagine waiting as long as folks did to buy these and then turning and selling them as soon as they arrived...
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

vtvman wrote:I wanted a green para 2 pretty badly for a while but now im just waiting for the fluted cf version :D
Good luck with that- it'll cost you $500 on the open market when it comes out.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

mikerestivo wrote:I can't imagine waiting as long as folks did to buy these and then turning and selling them as soon as they arrived...
Exactly... I have no problem with capitalism, but this just show commitment to the buck not excited anticipation for an excellent exclusive. I wonder whom the first seller was because I anticipate that person set the standard.

"Let's list it at $300 and see who bites!" 3 minutes later people are claiming seconds and thirds and ....
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

PMBohol wrote:In some ways this whole thing reminds me of the beanie baby fad way back when and we all know how that turned out. KW could help the process by asking for full payment up front. Too many people jockeying around as they put down a small deposit. Another way would be to not announce the sprint until the knives are almost ready. Letting things simmer for long periods like the last run proved how detrimental that was. One month should be enough.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

xceptnl wrote:Exactly... I have no problem with capitalism, but this just show commitment to the buck not excited anticipation for an excellent exclusive. I wonder whom the first seller was because I anticipate that person set the standard.

"Let's list it at $300 and see who bites!" 3 minutes later people are claiming seconds and thirds and ....

The blue paras had been selling for $300 for a while already, so that was a logical starting point for the green ones.

The market may be starting to settle a bit. When the green ones first arrived people were listing them at $300 on BF and they would get snapped up in less than 5 minutes. There is one that has been sitting there for a couple of days now without any bites first at $300 now at $260. Maybe some sanity is returning.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Sequimite wrote: Spyderco should put dark green G-10 to the test on another regular model.
+1
Also make more dark green sprints: Native5, Mily. I really would love to see dark green scales with the same finish like Lil T.
mikerestivo wrote:I can't imagine waiting as long as folks did to buy these and then turning and selling them as soon as they arrived...
xceptnl wrote:Exactly... I have no problem with capitalism, but this just show commitment to the buck not excited anticipation for an excellent exclusive.
Some people like money more than knives.
On the second thought, probably this will be rude, but all depends on amount of money. Opportunity to make $150 made 2-3 dozen of people sell their green paras, if insanity would hit $500 mark many more would do the same and so on. I think that at certain price point almost everybody would sell, including hard core steelnuts.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

OTOH, I have two of the CF/S90V Para2s and the recent eBay insanity still didn't tempt me to sell them.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I can't fault folks for trying to make a buck. I can't get over selling it the instant it hits the mailbox. If I had waited for months (over a year maybe?) for this sprint, I would at least want to play with it for a bit. Even if I bought one to keep and another one to sell, I don't think I could flip it that fast after that long of a wait.

Fortunately my gray 20CP model suits me fine. I had to draw the line on Para 2 sprints after that one.