Spyderco Mid-Year Suppliment is out!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Here's the quote: "e. its contoured handle scales are made of skeletonized full-tang black G-10 handle scales"

Glad to hear that it is linen micarta.

Can you also straighten out this: "BLADE 4.65in 118mm EDGE 4.125in 105mm"
Stuart Ackerman wrote:The description is a tad confusing to me, as the scales are Black Linen Micarta, and only the steel handle part is skeletonised...

Like this...
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
greenewk

Post by greenewk »

Wait, wait, $362 for the new Chaparral?! I figured all that intricate Ti machining was pretty gratuitous but... that must be a misprint; I can't imagine the knife would even be green-lit if it really is that expensive.

Has there ever been a Spydie to retail that high?
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Re: The Serrata...the blade is 4.65 inch in the straight line, parallel to the spine, from the base of the handle to the tip of the blade...around 120mm...
The edge will of course be longer...
I will measure mine when I get home from work......

My Butterscotch G10 above, the Prototype below...bad pic, sorry...

I must add that if the scales are indeed black G10, then that would be fine...I have used G10 many times and it has a feel and durablity that is excellent... tasty
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Its a beaut
Rogcohen

Post by Rogcohen »

I'm really excited about the Domino... Can't wait till it comes out, may even have to pre-order one.