Just got my first delica

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
northern munkey

Just got my first delica

Post by northern munkey »

Having had a UKPK dp sabre for a little while I found the need for a locker, so I got a meadowlark 2 frn but hated the build quality ( lots of movement in lock up/vertical play).
So I bought a delica wave.....WOW is all I can say great steel and ergos(thought I would miss a choil) will be a fave edc when out on my MTB or going for a hike.
Holland

Post by Holland »

welcome to the forums! the delica is one of spydercos flagship models! been around a long time and will stay an even longer time. Great knife, user well! :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
macatac

Post by macatac »

The delica was my second Spydie, and still is one of my favorites. I have a Superleaf that is just plain fun to carry, but a bit large in the pocket. I really like the Delica as an EDC. Great blade.
macatac
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Congrats on the new Delica, macatac! May it serve you well. :) Now all you have to do is buy a Dragonfly Salt and you'll be all set. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Can't beat the size, utility and Spyderco quality. Congrats on the new knife and welcome to the forums!
northern munkey

Post by northern munkey »

SpyderNut wrote:Congrats on the new Delica, macatac! May it serve you well. :) Now all you have to do is buy a Dragonfly Salt and you'll be all set. ;)
Funny you should suggest the DF, I was looking at the frn DF2 for discreet carry round town
ATB
NM
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Whoops! Just now caught my blunder: the OP was from northern munkey, not macatac. Sorry about that, northern munkey. :o As for the D'fly H1, I think you'll love it! I just saw a few yesterday on the 'bay for about $46 or so (either in PE and SE). I have the PE version and absolutely can't live without it. I've been thinking about getting the ZDP-189 version here lately, but we'll see. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
peacefuljeffrey

Post by peacefuljeffrey »

Your first Delica is a WAVE?! You're way ahead of the game! :)
"Within this frame an ocean swells -- behind the smile -- I know it well..."
Pomelly

Post by Pomelly »

Congratulations Northern Munkey for your new purchase! You bought a fantastic knife: is always in my pocket ;)