FFG Endura combo edge?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
r small

FFG Endura combo edge?

Post by r small »

This is one I'd like to see.
JD Spydo

Endura? FFG & combo edge? Why Not?

Post by JD Spydo »

r small wrote:This is one I'd like to see.
I wouldn't mind seeing one myself. I would also like to see a Des Horn model in combo edge too. In the past 2 weeks I've been EDCing a combo edge and for the work I've been doing it's been a real blessing especially with all the cordage I've had to be working with.

Few people realize that Spyderco has had some of the very best combo edged blades. The older stainless handled Native models with AUS-10 blade steel were great. I had one of them at one time and even used it and carried it for a couple of months.

I will also point out that your suggestion of doing an Endura in combo edge makes a lot of sense because the people that tend to not like combo edges use the argument that they don't really get the benefit of PE or SE edges with that blade variant.

But when you use a longer bladed model like the Endura that argument just doesn't hold any water at all. I also think that having a combo edged folder about the same size in the H-1 Salt Series makes a lot of sense to me as well. Great suggestion :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

My dad really enjoys combo edges
I can't find a model that's a perfect fit for him
r small

Post by r small »

I have a CE Endura but the plain edge section is the saber grind. Very versatile knife but I think it would be a little better slicer with a FFG for the plain edge. I've seen pictures of a Stretch (a FFG blade) in combo edge but apparently this model has been discontinued. It seems that all of the CE models have the saber grind. Lately I've grown fond of the FFG blades (I have them in Dragonfly, Delica, Stretch, and Endura). I like the way they cut through paper like melted butter. Now I want a FFG blade with some teeth.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Me as well. I have a stretch CE that is one of my most used knives. If you look around you can still find the stretch CE. Not sure where you are but check S&R Knives (I have no affiliation with them but have purchased there numerous times) here in Toronto. Think they are on for about $55. Fantastic value.

If you want FFG and CE try the millie out. That knife has taken every possible thing I could thrrow at it without a problem.

I would love to see CE on the Para 2 platform.
r small

Post by r small »

The millie looks interesting. Must be the only Spyderco model with both FFG and CE.
Invective

Post by Invective »

JD Spydo wrote: I also think that having a combo edged folder about the same size in the H-1 Salt Series makes a lot of sense to me as well. Great suggestion :cool:
Isn't this pretty much a Catcherman? Albeit a bit thinner and longer but an H1 model with combo-edge nonethelesss.
Donut

Post by Donut »

r small wrote:The millie looks interesting. Must be the only Spyderco model with both FFG and CE.
The Tenacious is available in combo edge.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
r small

Post by r small »

Donut wrote:The Tenacious is available in combo edge.
Tenacious looks like a good knife. But I prefer lockbacks to liner locks. That's why I'd like to see the Endura with FFG plus CE. That would be a heck of a knife.
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

Try the Cara Cara 2 in combo edge.
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

The lightweight blue manix is also available in FFG combo edge.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Invective wrote:Isn't this pretty much a Catcherman? Albeit a bit thinner and longer but an H1 model with combo-edge nonethelesss.
No a Catcherman would be considerably longer than an "ENDURA" sized knife in H-1. I was sort of thinking of a knife with a Spyderco "IN HOUSE" design that would be similar to an Endura size wise with an FRN handle and H-1 blade with a combo edge and also make it available in full SE or full PE as well.

I have an H-1 Catcherman that I love dearly>> it was the Green Handled Sprint Run and it is a combo edge variant like the discontinued MBS-26 models. But that's not what I had in mind.

Again I would love to see them offer up the Des Horn model in combo edge. And I do agree with many of the guys that for a combo edge to have it's full benefit you need a blade that is at least as long as the Endura or thereabouts.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

It's not the same but you might be able to find a lingering Stretch FRN CE.