Information on Dialex

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bladekeeper

Information on Dialex

Post by Bladekeeper »

Hi I came across a site by the above name 'Dialex' the designer of the junior I believe on the site were some models of spydercos I've never seen.
Are these prototypes put forward for selection or models that have been made ? there are some great looking knives that I'd like to see on offer.
Can anybody fill me in on the details the site just has pictures or on my iPod its not compatible ? Not sure .
Any info would be good eg what models are actual products and where Dialex is from thanks.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Yup it sort of went wrong dunno what happend combination of brain freeze and trigger finger on submit thread I'm blaming my iPod sorry guys .
What a douche :D
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

I'm not sure, but I think the prototypes are just his ideas. Just because I don't think Spyderco has THAT many prototypes. It's possible though, who knows? Dialex is on the forums, so maybe he can answer the question for certain. And I'd lock the other threads if I were you.
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Alex is strictly a designer, not a knifemaker. He's very good at it, so all of his designs could be built but almost all of them exist only as artwork. IIRC, someone stole one of them and I seem to recall some talk of another being produced by a custom maker. Beyond that I'm not sure if any, aside from the Adventura and Junior, have ever been rendered in steel.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

What the Deac' said and also DiAlex is a **** great guy! I miss that bugger...
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Hi chad I guess you like his ideas too I was really impressed and suprised more haven't been made that karambit is something very functional I should imagine too.
Going Ot but how is your tops being received I last read your post on bb but haven't seen any more from yourself.
Hope you had a good Christmas and new year .
Thanks deacon and minibear me thinks spyderco should take some more of his designs .
sal

Post by sal »

We have one in-the-works. Hope to have a proto by SHOT show.

sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

sal wrote:We have one in-the-works. Hope to have a proto by SHOT show.
sal
I love quite a few Alex's designs. And I thought that this is Kristi's function to tease us. I cannot beleive that Sal is doing this.
Any hint, what it is? Please
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Love his hostile environment concept in H1. To me it looks like a Yo2 and a Spyderhawk had offspring.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Thanks Sal is that the karambit you mentioned a while back ? xceptnl I like that too very tactical in fact I don't think there are more than a couple that aren't great.
The gentlebug is for me the successor to the manbug love it , has he quit the business or just too busy for forums .
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Bladekeeper wrote:Hi chad I guess you like his ideas too I was really impressed and suprised more haven't been made that karambit is something very functional I should imagine too.
Going Ot but how is your tops being received I last read your post on bb but haven't seen any more from yourself.
Hope you had a good Christmas and new year .
Thanks deacon and minibear me thinks spyderco should take some more of his designs .
Aloha Bladekeeper,

I just like the man, period. He's a great designer, as many can attest to, and he is just a down to earth REAL nice guy. I'm proud to say, "I knew him when" and that he is one of my closest knife brothers. Something I appreciate due to my "day job". Ahhh, the TOPS Knives HIT-5 not so good...I asked for a blade change but to no avail. It was supposed to have been something totally different...

Take care!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Thanks bud shame to hear of your advice falling on deaf ears IMO its their mistake but I'm sure the next one will be around the corner.
I understand its the people we meet on this journey variety is the spice of life, sometimes we meet friends whom we are on the same wave length and time goes too fast to catch up as much as we'd like.
All the best chad be lucky ;) .
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Glad to see you around Chad :) !
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Bladekeeper wrote:Thanks bud shame to hear of your advice falling on deaf ears IMO its their mistake but I'm sure the next one will be around the corner.
I understand its the people we meet on this journey variety is the spice of life, sometimes we meet friends whom we are on the same wave length and time goes too fast to catch up as much as we'd like.
All the best chad be lucky ;) .
Aloha Bladekeeper,

Thanks but it's not so much, "deaf ears"...coolabs are a team effort so I work with these guys. If they see fit to change something, then I can only give my say...after all, they're the ones funding the project. ;)
Mahalo for your kind words...uh, yeah...um, that DiAlex is a great guy BTW! :rolleyes:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Blerv wrote:Glad to see you around Chad :) !
Aloha Blerv,

You too!!! Now we just gotta wait for the legendary DiAlex to chime in! :p

Be safe and take care! :cool:

Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

Anybody hear of a dialex proto at shot?
Cheers!
sal

Post by sal »

It didn't arrive until after the SHOT show was over.

sorry.

sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Sal,
Is any chance for Wouter to make pictures during Amsterdam meet?
Thanks,
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian