Paramilitary 2 shortage?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Hi Dade. Welcome to the forum. I've also been constantly monitoring a few trusted Spyderco retailers and have not seen the one I'm after in a long time. I really do hope that Spyderco gets to meet this demand soon.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
vinito

Post by vinito »

The Brown and the Blue para are pretty abundant, but you have to pay a bit more for them.
paychekk

Post by paychekk »

ChaoticMayhem65 wrote:I just ordered and received a Digi-Camo black blade PM2 yesterday at AGRussell. They said they have a few in stock. And at a great price too.

http://www.agrussell.com/spyderco-para- ... PC81GPDC2/

I know it doesnt say Paramilitary 2 and the model number doesnt match up but trust me its a PM2.
Thank you for this post! I just ordered the Digi Camo Para 2 with the black blade. This is the exact para 2 that I wanted! Thanks again!
Mikey
ChaoticMayhem65

Post by ChaoticMayhem65 »

paychekk wrote:Thank you for this post! I just ordered the Digi Camo Para 2 with the black blade. This is the exact para 2 that I wanted! Thanks again!
Mikey
Not a problem man! They dont have the best website for tracking your orders and they dont provide a tracking number via email or anything but i got mine fairly quickly seeming the time i ordered it was a bit before Christmas.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

vinito wrote:The Brown and the Blue para are pretty abundant, but you have to pay a bit more for them.
Where can I find the blue one ? I am desperate for one !
speedcut

Post by speedcut »

Bento box shop ,frate....but i don t think they ship international... :)
phaust

Post by phaust »

speedcut wrote:Bento box shop ,frate....but i don t think they ship international... :)
They do

http://www.bentoboxshop.com/blue_para2_ ... sales.html

$50 shipping, though that's still cheaper than they are second hand
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

KardinalSyn wrote:Hi Dade. Welcome to the forum. I've also been constantly monitoring a few trusted Spyderco retailers and have not seen the one I'm after in a long time. I really do hope that Spyderco gets to meet this demand soon.
They are constantly in stock with a few months being hard to find. I could have bought a dozen about a month ago. People can wait, pay more, or jump on a list. Building an excess isn't always the best business model.

On the positive getting a Para2 is the easiest way to be trendy. Street cred is cheap these days!
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

What's this thread without pics?!

Here's to hoping they come in stock soon!
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The Post Dispatch interview with Sal (in another thread) indicates that they are increasing manufacturing space in Golden by 15,000 sf. This is not just an indication of having more demand than ability to produce, but the expansion will necessarily slow down other activities in Golden until finished.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

Well heck... I just went ahead and ordered a spare DLC/digicam Para2...can't have too many of those I suppose. This one I will just keep as a collector/backup and turn my other DLC/digicam into a No Fear EDC (ie, just use it & abuse it! :) ).

Still looking for the elusive DLC/black handled version though...that one has been a tough nut to crack! :)
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
sal

Post by sal »

Sorry about the shortage. We're building and shipping them regularly. Demand is just ahead of us.

BTW, the expansion will not affect current production, but it will take some time to build.

sal
ChaoticMayhem65

Post by ChaoticMayhem65 »

jon1all wrote:Well heck... I just went ahead and ordered a spare DLC/digicam Para2...can't have too many of those I suppose. This one I will just keep as a collector/backup and turn my other DLC/digicam into a No Fear EDC (ie, just use it & abuse it! :) ).

Still looking for the elusive DLC/black handled version though...that one has been a tough nut to crack! :)
You n me both brother.
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

sal wrote:Sorry about the shortage. We're building and shipping them regularly. Demand is just ahead of us.

BTW, the expansion will not affect current production, but it will take some time to build.

sal
Now worries good sir! The Para2 is absolutely worth the wait...and the hunt is half the fun anyway! :D

Thanks for chiming in! :)
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
Dade

Thank you Sal!

Post by Dade »

sal wrote:Sorry about the shortage. We're building and shipping them regularly. Demand is just ahead of us.

sal
It is always nice to get the reply from The Man Himself, but the only way to obtain Spyderco in my country(living in Bosnia$Herzegovina and in Serbia) is to order them from "Replikart" from Croatia. Unfortunately it is going to remain a dream, to purchase PM2 Blue G10 and M390, or Spyderco Plain Edge CPM-S35VN Earth Brown G-10 Paramilitary 2, by ordering from USA dealers, because of odd customs laws. Hopping that you are not going to forget Out of States countries :)
Best regards!
Dade