Larger Kiwi

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Post by sal »

Open for discussion. The original didn't have a clip. the clip also adds to cost. I'd have to check, but we may still be early enough in the production queu to add a clip. Style? Yes or no?

sal
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

sal wrote:Open for discussion. The original didn't have a clip. the clip also adds to cost. I'd have to check, but we may still be early enough in the production queu to add a clip. Style? Yes or no?

sal
Yes - I would vote for a wire clip and would be willing to pay more for a clip version.

Thanks Sal.
Sht

Post by Sht »

Full g10 sounds great I'll be on the lookout for this one.
Gayle Bradley
Bob lum tanto sprint
Milie camo
Para2 camo
Manix2 moonglow
Tasman salt
Tenacious (the whole lineup)
Kiwi SS

Knives at all times
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

Can´t wait for that G10 FFG smooth spine Kiwi!

Now I hope for a tough steel to not make that delicate tip snap and 2mm stock.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Since this is basically a new model, rather than criticizing it, maybe I could throw out a cheeky request for a sprint run of the original some time in the future. :)
I see, said the blind man.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

w3tnz wrote:Since this is basically a new model, rather than criticizing it, maybe I could throw out a cheeky request for a sprint run of the original some time in the future. :)
That would satisfy me for sure. Far more than this new version...
On the hunt for...
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:
w3tnz wrote:Since this is basically a new model, rather than criticizing it, maybe I could throw out a cheeky request for a sprint run of the original some time in the future. :)
That would satisfy me for sure. Far more than this new version...
Me too.

I realize that Spyderco has to build knives they feel will sell in sufficient quantities to justify production. I also realize that my tastes are different from those of their "average customer" and probably even more removed from those of their "average afi". I've learned, over the years, not to get too excited over any announced model that sounds like it might appeal to me, or to get too disappointed when it sounds like it's not going to be as I'd hoped.

Still, I feel it's ok to say what I'd like to see, express disinterest in things that don't excite me, and ask questions about things when I'm not sure. In this case I'm assuming, based on Sal's recent comments in another thread, that it will have liners but wondering if that assumption is correct, how the G-10 will be finished, and whether the knife will be all screw construction, use flush or domed pins, or be put together some other way.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The Deacon wrote:Me too.

I realize that Spyderco has to build knives they feel will sell in sufficient quantities to justify production. I also realize that my tastes are different from those of their "average customer" and probably even more removed from those of their "average afi". I've learned, over the years, not to get too excited over any announced model that sounds like it might appeal to me, or to get too disappointed when it sounds like it's not going to be as I'd hoped.

Still, I feel it's ok to say what I'd like to see, express disinterest in things that don't excite me, and ask questions about things when I'm not sure. In this case I'm assuming, based on Sal's recent comments in another thread, that it will have liners but wondering if that assumption is correct, how the G-10 will be finished, and whether the knife will be all screw construction, use flush or domed pins, or be put together some other way.
Yes, sadly they can't make just what we all would like...and I think that there are probably a lot of us here that have fairly specific and maybe even unusual tastes in what we really like in a knife.

I try to express my thoughts on a design. Sometimes perhaps a little more vocally than others might. :D But I feel that since this forum is really filled with afis more than regular users, that more voices and opinions is a good thing.

I think that if this were in a polished G10, it might save the design. In all likelihood this isn't going to be a knife for me as I am a really big fan of the original Kiwi design, but polished G10 would be far nicer looking I think (though I still maintain that by not having the notch like the original blade that it is more like a Kopa blade than a Kiwi)
On the hunt for...
elena86

Post by elena86 »

captnvegtble wrote:Yes - I would vote for a wire clip and would be willing to pay more for a clip version.

Thanks Sal.
Yes, wire clip, and polished BURGUNDY G10.VG10 steel for the blade should be enough.
VG-10

Post by VG-10 »

I think the new version of the Kiwi sounds great.

It would be nice to see a Super Blue blade on this model.

VG-10
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

1. Blade spine notched.
2. Full scales.
3. Hollow grind.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”