Go to EDC Knife/Knives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

kbuzbee wrote:Thank You! Yes, a wire clip would really be a good fit, but everyone else seems to want it without....
Ken, I am with you 100%. If I decide to pick up an air, I am going to have to figure out a clip case our pouch situation. The dragonfly 2 size wireclip would be perfect and not detract terribly from the Air.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
fliktrik

Post by fliktrik »

Right pocket: alternate between Caly3 or Native
Left pocket: Cat (usually), or Manix 2 Lightweight (sometimes), or Delica (occasionally). Or if I believe I'll have a dirty job to do, I'll pack a Tenacious in a left pocket.

I always have a Swiss Army Knife (the small little Rambler, with Phillips screwdriver) on my keychain.
Sht

Post by Sht »

Tasman SE I would love some H1 with some G10 scales for a change. Nice edge chuckroxas.Y
Gayle Bradley
Bob lum tanto sprint
Milie camo
Para2 camo
Manix2 moonglow
Tasman salt
Tenacious (the whole lineup)
Kiwi SS

Knives at all times
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

MrGlockJock25 wrote:What's yours? Mine is Para 2 Satin/Black
My work carry has been a Native 5 since they came out. For weekend and larger carry I've switched from a Para 1 to a GB recently.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

Any of the caly variants. Currently it's the super blue 3.5 but before that is was the CF/ZDP model or the G-10 caly 3
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
JD Spydo

The Ultimate EDC

Post by JD Spydo »

For about 3 to 4 months now I've just recently changed my EDC. I landed a G-10 handled, sprint run C-60 Massad Ayoob model which has now become my main EDC. I have found the C-60 to be the most versatile plain edged EDC I've had up till now. Changing the Ayoob to a G-10 handled folder has made all the difference in the world and that knife is a super design not only for EDC but for SD as well.

I've also been carrying my H-1 Spyderhawk SE for my EDC Hawkbill carry. And on days I feel the need I add my C-111 Captain model to the mix.

The C-60 is truly the ULTIMATE EDC. That knife absolutely must have a Sprint run in Spyderedge!!
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Holland

Post by Holland »

Always my ss bug! and either my orange para 2 or this!

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Mocean

Post by Mocean »

If I'm in town then it's this guy......

In the bush then it's this guy.....

Unfortunately, living in Tokyo doesn't allow much bush time these days. The things we do for money!!

I love my G10 Dragonfly but I have a weird titanium fetish slowly brewing so I foresee a Sage 2 or a Bradley Alias 2 (Gasp!) sharing pocket time with the Dragonfly quite soon.

(Sorry for the shoddy snapshots, at work!)
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

Dustar Arad strapped to my thigh. Sure, I get some looks around the office, not to mention several discussions with management. Those stopped when I pointed out I was the one with the big-assed knife, not them.

You can tell how bored I am at work by how many smart-aleck replies I post over the course of the day. No disrespect to OPs intended, just trying to lighten up the day a bit.. for me and perhaps for other poor, bored souls out there. Sometimes I think the U.S. is filled with people sitting in cubicles glued to PCs, slowly going insane. Actually, now that I think about it, that would explain a lot about some of the weird sh*t going down these days.

tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

Holland wrote:Always my ss bug! and either my orange para 2 or this!

Pardon my ignorance, Holland, but which model is that? Another Para? Oh, wait -- is that the para from that thread that you dyed and stonewashed? Sorry, I'm color-blind, so i wasn't sure what color the handles were.

tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
JD Spydo

Fixed Blade Spyderco EDCs

Post by JD Spydo »

I might add that I also have a fixed blade Spyder that I EDC at least twice a week when I anticipate some major cutting jobs. I have an older original model FB-05 Temperance 1 model>> I actually have that knife in both variants SE & PE. I usually carry the PE with me most the time I carry it.

My best friend Richard just bought from me one of my Streetbeat fixed blades and he said that he will not go anywhere without his Streetbeat model. He had used a Spyderco KOPA for most of his cutting needs before he got the Streetbeat and now he tells me that He only uses the KOPA about once or twice a week and the fixed blade is getting most of the work now.

Spyderco's fixed blades are truly functional and durable. Most people know about their great folders but have never given their fixed blades a try.

I truly wish that they would re-introduce the FB05 in either H-1 or one of the Supersteels.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I haven't found a job that my Delica 4 couldn't handle, and it disappears in my pocket. That's not to say I don't have a few more :spyder: 's just in case...but I love my Delica.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

G10 Caly 3

It started life as an SE, but it is now a wharncliffed CE.
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Either a Delica or an Endura.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
nwjavahead

Post by nwjavahead »

Currently....
Work EDC; Black-on-Black Para2
General EDC; Sage2 or G10 Dragonfly
Weekend EDC; "spin the wheel"

Djordje aka nwjavahead
Mocean

Post by Mocean »

nwjavahead wrote:Currently....Weekend EDC; "spin the wheel" Djordje aka nwjavahead
Haha good one!
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

My go-to folder is the smurf blue M390 Para 2 like Chuck has pictured. I like or love just about everything about it.
dwong

Post by dwong »

Carry a etched Dragonfly for a while, but its too thick for my use.
Now mostly a etched Spin in coin pocket.
I see the atoms free and fine,That bubble like a sparkling wine; I see the songs Electrons sing,Jumping from ring to outer ring;
-Lister
scrub

Post by scrub »

Douglas wrote:G10 Caly 3

It started life as an SE, but it is now a wharncliffed CE.
I'd like to see this, my current workday EDC is a Caly 3 SE and weekend is an Enduar SE.
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

Either a Brown Spyderco Delica FFG or a Kershaw Skyline.

Those two are perfect for EDC.

Either knife will be accompanied by many EDC keychains I carry... from Spyderco Ladybugs, to SAK Classics, to Leatherman Squirts, to a PocketTool X Piranha, ect.
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!