best edc medium use knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Everyone has their preferences. Pins can't be removed for cleaning, that's a fact. Many folks over torque, use the wrong tools, and don't locktite. Another consideration.

Pins are pretty strong. They are basically small rivets and FRN is elastic.
RevDevil

Post by RevDevil »

chrisfarms wrote:i dont wanna spend more then like 60 bucks and i dont rly want an endura/delica i want soething a little different.

the only prob is adjustable pivot is a much for me so pins are out of the question
is there a knife out there like that or no?
Wait, didn't you just say that you had bought a Tasman Salt for yourself? What happened to that?
chuck_roxas45 wrote:I'm waiting to see what happens here...
Yep, ;)
CWL

Post by CWL »

I have been merely a lurker on this Forum and for longer than my 2009 registration year, but I have been coming here often to get the low-down on Spyderco knives. I have learned a lot by visiting here.

Folks, you will discover that chrisfarms doesn't exactly tell the truth, to put it simply. He said he already owns the Spyderco Salt on one forum (or post), claims that he just bought it on another, while posting on a third that he is thinking about buying it wanting opinions. He's done that with multiple brands of knives, not just Spyderco.

I don't know what's wrong with him, but he's not here for information. He received plenty while spamming BF with the same question over repeated posts and it didn't stop him from his disruptive behavior. He is merely here to waste your time and bandwidth.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Is it just me or does this entire thread seem like a strange Craigslist phishing scam?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

CWL wrote:I have been merely a lurker on this Forum and for longer than my 2009 registration year, but I have been coming here often to get the low-down on Spyderco knives. I have learned a lot by visiting here.

Folks, you will discover that chrisfarms doesn't exactly tell the truth, to put it simply. He said he already owns the Spyderco Salt on one forum (or post), claims that he just bought it on another, while posting on a third that he is thinking about buying it wanting opinions. He's done that with multiple brands of knives, not just Spyderco.

I don't know what's wrong with him, but he's not here for information. He received plenty while spamming BF with the same question over repeated posts and it didn't stop him from his disruptive behavior. He is merely here to waste your time and bandwidth.
Yup. :D
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

As Blerv has suggested, the VG10 Stretch is screw construction and can be had for around $71 or $72 if you spend a little time looking online. It's also a very comfortable knife with a wide range of uses.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
JD Spydo

Get what you pay for>> JD Smith or NATIVE

Post by JD Spydo »

First of all you are really shooting yourself in the foot by stating that you only want to spend $60 :rolleyes: >> Don't forget that age old saying "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".

Now with that being said and opening up more to select from I would highly recommend the JD Smith Sprint model ( that is if you can find one). And trust me you would get much more than your money's worth with that great model.

My second pick would be a very popular model from the Golden CO USA selection>> that would be the Paramilitary 2 model :cool: And if you could get one with XHP steel that would even be better yet.

Now the most economical route I could recommend would be the good old reliable NATIVE model ( the most current one) or even one of the older versions would do just fine.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!