Lil Matriarch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cobrajoe

Lil Matriarch

Post by cobrajoe »

I've been gone from this from for quite some time now... Long enough to see quite a few changes here and for me (I'm now married and have a kid on the way. A lot can happen in 3 years...)

Anyways, I haven't been ignoring the Spyderco products that were coming out, and I just found out about the Lil Matriarch from the Facbook page. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a new knife. It's got the Delica's perfect size and great handle, it's got a reverse S blade that I absolutely love, and it's (hopefully) going to be within my price range!

I use my etched Cricket every day, sometimes even when I should be using a bigger knife. The Lil Matriarch will be the perfect companion to the little bug.

Anyone else as excited about it as I am?
MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
JD Spydo

MATRIARCH 2: Spyderco's newest super Hawkbill

Post by JD Spydo »

cobrajoe wrote:I've been gone from this from for quite some time now... Long enough to see quite a few changes here and for me (I'm now married and have a kid on the way. A lot can happen in 3 years...)

Anyways, I haven't been ignoring the Spyderco products that were coming out, and I just found out about the Lil Matriarch from the Facbook page. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a new knife. It's got the Delica's perfect size and great handle, it's got a reverse S blade that I absolutely love, and it's (hopefully) going to be within my price range!

I use my etched Cricket every day, sometimes even when I should be using a bigger knife. The Lil Matriarch will be the perfect companion to the little bug.

Anyone else as excited about it as I am?
From one "Joe" to another it's good to see you back Brother :) >> I had just finally got out of a major financial rut and just did land 2 of the Brown Sprint VG-10 Matriarchs that were released about a year or so ago. Man I can't tell you how great these newest additions are to my Spyder arsenal.

I personally haven't yet landed this newest Matriarch 2 model but it is very high on my "GOTTA HAVE" list. I've heard that the blade "mikes" out considerably thicker than the original model and that the handle is truly a dream come true.

Hey maybe if this model grows some wings they might consider a Civilian II also. Spyderco absolutely must keep pace and keep their incredible line up of Hawkbills coming steadily down the pipeline. I haven't heard whether the newest Matriarch 2 is offered in SE & PE but I sure hope that it is. JD :spyder: O
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Welcome back Joe :) . It certainly has my blood pumping too. For all the runs of trendy G10 knives I sure like quirky FRN users with teeth!
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

I'm excited about it. I've been close to adding the Matriarch to the cart but don't care for the E4 handle at all, however the D4 is perfect for my hands. The serrated Tasman is my favorite Spyderco (tied with the Military) and even though the blade shapes are different I can still see the utility in this blade for my uses.
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Welcome back Joe. Of all the new stuff on the horizon, I can honestly say the Lil Matriarch is right up there at the top of my list.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

ill be buying this the instant it available
psychophipps

Post by psychophipps »

I like the fact that the tip is far less "hooked" than the larger models. I hate the idea of giving up the entire thrusting game in a SD knife.
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

I also like the lesser hook, but not from a SD standpoint. I think it will be much better for utility without the deep hook, and far less worry about breaking the tip.
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

Also, thanks for all the welcome backs. I forgot how friendly this forum was. It's good to be back.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Good to see you posting here again cobrajoe. The Li'l Matriarch is a must-have for me, period.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Welcome back Joe. The Lil' Matriarch is a model I'm looking forward to. I'll be even more excited if the production model is available in PE, like the concept model.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

cobrajoe wrote:I also like the lesser hook, but not from a SD standpoint. I think it will be much better for utility without the deep hook, and far less worry about breaking the tip.
+1

Glad you are back!
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
jwingfie

Post by jwingfie »

I'm really really excited about this model and will be picking one up asap. It's about time something good came out in my price range!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

I hope they offer a serrated version.
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

PanChango wrote:I hope they offer a serrated version.
If they offer it, I'll get the serrated version for sure.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I just saw this on FB...i'm really interested. I'm not the biggest fan of the Delica's handle because the ergonomics just don't work for the size of my hand, but i can live with it for that blade in a sub 3 inch folder. I hope the tip is sturdy.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
markg

Post by markg »

I don't place many preorders, but when I do, they are for the Lil Matriarch...
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

cobrajoe wrote:If they offer it, I'll get the serrated version for sure.
The fully serrated versions are already posted on several sites for pre-order! Im waiting on the PE.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

xceptnl wrote:The fully serrated versions are already posted on several sites for pre-order! Im waiting on the PE.
Great news! Thanks!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This knife would be so sick if it was a FFG without the distal taper to preserve tip thickness. It would slice like a monster.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David