darkgreeng10.darkgreeng10.darkgreeng10.TRIUMPHS!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Dark green

Post by bh49 »

Sequimite wrote: Will dark green G-10 reclaim its rightful place in the regular Spyderco lineup, or will Sal & company once again toe the line of a world wide conspiracy that seeks to diminish and deny the truth about dark green G-10.
Can you define rightful place? :)
Sequimite wrote:It was predictable that the agents of the Illuminati would try to derail this thread
Fortunately they were defeated again. :)

Huge fan of dark green here. The only reason I bought StagArms Manix was a color of the handle.
I am not sure why this amazing color is not used as much as others. I strongly believe that polished dark green G10 would make C83 Persian sprint much more attractive than red. I would love to see Calys and Native5 in dark green as well.
IMHO this is one of the best colors for EDC.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

George Foreman. Illuminati. The Templars. Adam Smith.

This thread has exceeded it's tangential references quota.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

I'm liking the dark green. Attractive while yet subdued. Better than my smurf blue for those introspective days.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

bh49 wrote:Can you define rightful place? :)
IMHO this is one of the best colors for EDC.
I think, in view of the past history of discrimination, there should be a dark green version released every time an orange model comes out.

Subdued dark color fits anywhere black does without being so boring. The blue G-10 was supposed to blend in with blue jeans but dark green works much better for that purpose. Right on, brother.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

Dark green is... certainly better than orange.

I'm a big fan of the smurf-killers (and a bigger fan of the dark blue ZDP Stretch) but whatever it takes to avoid sprint runs in orange/toxic-waste colours, I'm on board with.

Now if only we could remove Sal's supply of mulch-and-dead-grass coloured G-10...
—Daniel Jackson
bh49

Post by bh49 »

JacksonKnives wrote:Dark green is... certainly better than orange.
I'm a big fan of the smurf-killers (and a bigger fan of the dark blue ZDP Stretch) but whatever it takes to avoid sprint runs in orange/toxic-waste colours, I'm on board with.
Now if only we could remove Sal's supply of mulch-and-dead-grass coloured G-10...
Sorry, I cannot support this. I love orange handles as well. Not as much as dark green, still much more than blue.
I would love to see Spydercos with green micarta like Hossoms.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

JacksonKnives wrote:Dark green is... certainly better than orange.

You & me both.

For me, carrying an orange knife is the same as shouting from the rooftops "look at me everybody, I'm carrying a knife". The less attention, the better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

distributor exclusive, so any hopes of seeing these available anywhere else?
Cheers!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Rockcrawler wrote:distributor exclusive, so any hopes of seeing these available anywhere else?
It looks like either Spyderco made a typo and mislabeled it as a distributor exclusive or KnifeWorks bought out the entire run from the distributor. You may still see some CC# ones floating around the dealers that resell their collector's club knives (Howes for instance).
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

jabba359 wrote:It looks like either Spyderco made a typo and mislabeled it as a distributor exclusive or KnifeWorks bought out the entire run from the distributor. You may still see some CC# ones floating around the dealers that resell their collector's club knives (Howes for instance).
I think I recall seeing this mentioned on a forum somewhere (bold in quote) and it was a statement coming from another vendor that could have purchased from that distributor.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **