Best knife pair challange

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
syphen

Post by syphen »

Evil D wrote:I'm gonna take the easy way out of this question...the best combo is a Ladybug and ________.

I've become a true believer of the Ladybug's awesomeness, so to me it doesn't get much better than a Ladybug and your primary EDC. The best part is if you carry it on your keys, you'll always have a backup knife (unless you don't take your keys everywhere). This is also a great option if you like serrations, because your primary EDC can be SE and then you carry a PE Ladybug for clean detailed cuts that you wouldn't try with a SE.

Yep. I'm a firm believer of always rocking a Ladybug & PocketoolsX Brewzer on my keychain. This frees me up to carry any darn knife I want! No matter how useless it is for day to day cutting. Matriarch anyone?

I also carry a Flatbyrd in my wallet for emergency use.
Too many Spydies to list!
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I dont carry a pair , I carry more. My bigger knives, 1 a pocket are a delica ffg blue and a caly 3.5 sb.
My smaller knife pair are a ladybug and victorinox Minichamp.

I always have a bug around my neck so ill use that sometimes, depending on situation

Im trying to cut back on carry by not carrying my delica, but i know thatwhen I get my ppt, ill be carrying 5 again :D
raggasonic

Post by raggasonic »

Salt1 PE/Digi Para2

90% of the time :D
:spyder::spyder::spyder:
Work horse or shelf queen, I made my decision
:spyder::spyder::spyder:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Most days it's a Stretch and a Kiwi for me. These days in particular, the Kiwi can handle about 95% of what I do outside my home with a pocket knife. For the tasks that require something larger, the Stretch excels. On those occasions when I need to go inside Greenville's city limits the Stretch gets replaced by the Native V that Gull Wing was kind enough to customize for me.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

gbellay: You have lots of pairs. :) Did I count one for each day of the week?

Jack
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Sage 1 and a ffg Delica 4 outside of work.

Same Delica and a pe Tasman Salt at work. I end up cutting a lot of cable and straps, and it excels.

However, come Christmas I believe I'll be faced with a bevy of new choices.
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

For the past month while working away from home:

CPM-M4 Millitary
Swiss army knife Farmer or old Gerber multitool dating back to 1990's.
Izula.
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

Para2 with Para2? You can never have enough Para2s...... Ok the bottom line to me is that there are too many good spyders. I tend to just pick up any two I'm in the mood for, without any particularly reason or matching. Its just like that. If I'm about to have a special need (like a big knife or a dive knife) I'm more likely to just add that to my pockets (or belt) than put down another spyder for it.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Like many of you, I haven't settled into a routine - I just grab whatever I feel in the mood to fiddle with during the day. I tend to take my knives out and play with them while working in the lab or sitting at my computer. Normally, I have one "work" knife in my pocket for opening mail, cutting boxes, etc. This tends to be something like the "S" knife, Squeak, Dfly2, or Chaparral. The other knife is usually something larger and more substantial like one of my Para2s, Sages, or Manixes. I also like hauling out some golden oldies as well - like the big micarta Goddard or my original aluminum Terzuola.

TedP
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

One of my many FFG Delicas or Dragonfly 2 in my off-hand front pocket for most small cutting chores and a Manix 2 or Superleaf in my strong-side rear pocket with lanyard. These combinations always give me lots to choose from.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

Dragonfly in left front pocket and a Millie, CF Stretch or G10 Endura in right front here lately...and always have a Ladybug on my keychain.
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

Ladybug Salt and Salt 1. Both SE. Haven't run into anything yet that this duo can't handle. :cool:
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

My most trusted pair .... A 440V SE Millie & FGD2 Para.

J
Attachments
not08.jpg
not08.jpg (80.92 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

I carry more than two.Ladybug Hawkbill Salt and Victorinox Signature in a custom leather sheath on the belt and Resilience in the pocket,but only untill Christmas,because Para 2 is waiting in the Santas bag :)
Sorry for the poor pics.
Attachments
PC010456.jpg
PC010456.jpg (99.41 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
PC010454.jpg
PC010454.jpg (85.42 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
BAL

Post by BAL »

Nice knives Gbelleh.
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

Summer shorts carry: Black 79mm Rescue + lightweight PE pick of the day (e.g. D4)
Spring/Fall pants carry: Blue 93mm Rescue + mid-size PE pick of the day (e.g. Sage)
Winter coat carry: Orange Assist I + full-size PE pick of the day (e.g. ATR, Para, Millie)

Regards,
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley