Show your EDC

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
ValueKnifeLover

Post by ValueKnifeLover »

And honorable mention goes to these... they are either rotated in or carried in addition to the above :D

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
computernut

Post by computernut »

Spyderco Sage 1, Nitecore D10 Camo:

folkilsk

Post by folkilsk »

Donut

Post by Donut »

Are you showing off that your watch is not perpetual calendar?

I think it is the 1st today.

It is a nice simple edc.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Shazam

Post by Shazam »

Some Great photography here. I'll bread out my camera and see if I can get a post worthy image! Thanks for sharing. Great gear!
:spyder: Spyderco-aholic
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

EDC for today. Don't typically carry a lot in my suit pants. Just got the Spyderco "S" a few weeks back - really light weight, plus a compression lock. As you can tell, I'm into Atwoods as well. Brass whistle for calling the kids to dinner - and Ti Pest on my key ring. I use the pry tool a lot more than I thought I would.

The pen is kinda cool as well. It is a Fisher Millenium Ti Space Pen. It is guaranteed for the life of the user and never needs refills. Ever. If it runs out of ink, just send it in and they will replace it free of charge. Supposedly the thing holds something like 35 miles of ink... I've had it for eight years, and I'm keeping the receipt in a safe place. They are going to buy me a new pen sometime soon, I just know it!

TedP

oregon

Post by oregon »

I added a US Shelby Co. P51 can opener, at least it is stamped as such, when asked by a cute young lady (while watching Swifts swarm down a chimney @ Chapman school with the usual enchanting crowd of citizens) if I had a can opener, for use on her olives, and I had to say no. I'm ready now. The yellow thing is a electric lighter/led, usb charged. The silver item on the Eagle Creek wallet is a cool thin folding SS nail clipper that opens like a switchblade when you slide the nub on its side. The P51 and nail clipper ride inside a four-panel Big Skinny wallet, not pictured, with a zippered pocket.

PS: The folding tool is a Swiss+Tech micro tool, the early original: Micro-Tech 6 in 1. For your amusement a link (no connection with vendor): http://www.swisstechtools.com/proddetail.aspx?pid=6
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

@oregon: what knife is that? Thanks!

JD
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

Ha, I love this thread. So very interesting to see what everyone's carrying around :-)

Here's the stuff I usually have on me at all times or grab when leaving the house without a bag. Lately I've been switching between the UKPK and the Squeak. On my keys is always a small Vic classic, along with a little lighter, flashlight and bottle opener/multi-tool.

Being a woman of course I usually carry a bag where keys, wallet and assorted other stuff gets stashed. I try to keep it organized and mostly well-arranged. That's the place where I carry some additional tools and where my beloved Delica(s) reside since I'm not allowed to carry them in my pockets.

She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
oregon

Post by oregon »

J D Wijbenga wrote:@oregon: what knife is that? Thanks!

JD
It is a BuckLite 424. Thank you for asking JD. A knife that was dormant (unavailable from Buck) for 10 years but came to life for a Canadian Tire promotion last year. I was fortunate enough to have some terrific friends in Canada who graciously sent a few south to me.

When I went to OKCA last Spring the cognizanti in attendance, three great guys, of the Buck Collectors Club all enthusiasticly accepted 3 as gifts to the club despite being surrounded by fabulous, rare and costly collectible cutlery of their club's marque (they paid the club and bot them for themselves).

16.51 centimeters overall (6.5 inches), 36 grams (1.27 ounces).

It disappears in my pocket. A lockback that I like and find uses for regularly. Note, no nail nick on the blade despite one being shown on the packaging.

Taonari

Post by Taonari »

GRIFFIN HAWKS wrote:This knife is truly impressive ,^)

And a shot of my constantly morphing EDC :D

My Centofante 3 doesn't get as much pocket time as it should. That is one sharp knife.
Taonari

Post by Taonari »

Spyderco Gayle Bradley
GRIFFIN HAWKS

Post by GRIFFIN HAWKS »

FishWolf/GHL Tanto - Spyderco Centofante III

BE WELL .. GH
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

@oregon: Interesting lightweight folder, thanks for showing!

JD
oregon

Post by oregon »

J D Wijbenga wrote:@oregon: Interesting lightweight folder, thanks for showing!

JD
My pleasure.

I got enthusiastic about the Buck marque after I stumbled into an exotic Buck folder in a pawn shop located about 300 miles from my home. It looked, felt and smelled like titanium and had the Buck name on it. I was able to buy it for $60 and began to research it thereafter.

It turned out to be the Buck 186 associated with the American weapon inventor Charles "Mickey" Finn, now deceased. This fellow and this knife, along with other knives he is associated with, told quite a tale and this really put the hook into me.

A fellow in Idaho just wrote a book about Finn's knives, the Buckmaster 184 and its association with a Seal Team.

Here is a link to pics and talk you might find interesting: http://www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25

I still have the 186 and I've acquired a couple new supersteel blades for it. This knife came with a tool attached used to dismantle the knife.

All the best.
Lagarb

Post by Lagarb »

phillipsted wrote:
LOL I see your also missing your VW logo on your key! Glad I'm not the only one!

Sweet S also!! I almost got one about three weeks ago but for some reason decided against it. Regretting it now, of course

Here's my EDC. I'll rotate between the three, usually its the Para2 or the Manix2 I've got a CRKT M21 I'll throw in the mix once in a blue moon also

Also thinking about getting either a Fenix PD31 or possibly a PD20. Still not sure on which one though

My Sypdies: Persistence , Captain , Manix 2 G10 black, Paramilitary 2, Navigator, Spyderhawk H1, UK Penknife SE in Grey, Maroon, Orange (sheepfoot)
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

@oregon:Thanks, I will have a look at that link.

JD
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Normal EDC

Work EDC (before you ask, no I don't EDC the hydraulic cutters)
1*
If only there was Ti Para2 or H1 Assist...
:spyder:Come chat with us on IRC!:spyder:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/TheMediocrePirate]My Youtube Channel!

[/b][/URL]
Lefty923

Post by Lefty923 »

From R-L

Truck keys with Nite Ize bottle opener/clip and cigar punch
Spyderco Paramilitary 2
Timex Watch (takes a lickin)
Fisher Space pen
Streamlight MicroStream
Paracord bracelet made by yours truley
HTC Inspire
Wallet (empty)

And it's all piled on a Maxpedition Falcon 2 backpack. It's the ultimate man purse. Yes, it's bulky but in there I keep IT tools, extra clothing, energy bar, tea, fire starting tools, and a bunch of other stuff. There's even a place for my XD Compact .45 with easy access.
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

2 things usually on me :D :spyder: Spyderco Tenacious and Norinco 1911A1 .45