Which model is the most popular

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Three really. The Stretch, which I consider to be the best "large" folder I've ever had my hands on. The Kiwi, a superb small folder that doubles as "NKP friendly" functional jewelry. The Chaparral, a tough midsize folder and pocket scalpel cleverly disguised as a gent's knife. My primary carry when in the "three inch limit" zone.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

I would say the Gayle Bradley and the S90V CF Millie as a runner-up.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
elena86

most popular

Post by elena86 »

For me is Police SS Spyderedge.Is the iconic for Spyderco.I have 6 of them but I have to get more.I hope they will release one with titanium handle.
juggler

Post by juggler »

ranger51 wrote:I guess if you went by sales, the Endura/Delica combo would probably win out.
Maybe so... but I wonder wether the Ladybug isn't selling even better :

_ Ladybugs are cheaper;

_ even though Enduras and Delicas are very popular (and rightly so), they're still facing stiff competition in the Spyderco range when you want a medium/large knife, whereas the Ladybug is virtually one of a kind;

_ with all the variations now available (handle colours and materials, steels, blade shapes), it's easy to find a Ladybug that suits you;

_ non-knife people generally like (or at least tolerate) the Ladybug, and most of them can actually even find a use for it.
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

A Stretch, Para2 or Millie gets 90% of my pocket time. I think I'll really like the caly 3.5, but haven't carried it yet. I like the Manix 2 a lot too. There are so many choices, its near impossible to narrow it down to a couple (someone please explain this to my wife XD).
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

The Delica is one knife everyone should own. From there try every model. Of course most can't or won't do that. I can't. Not enought money. But, with what I have tried I've come to the Sage1 and Gayle Bradley. They are the only two knives I've carried since I got them. Less than one month for both. Maybe it's because they are new but I don't think so. The other day I oiled all my knives just in case I don't use them enough to take care of them. I'm sure that won't happen though. My next two favorites are the Michael Walker and Native. For a small knife I love the Michael Walker and will be looking for the next one. I have the CF one which is the last one released and it was a sprint so are now discontinued. If you find one I bet it's expensive.

Back to the Delica. It is a great knife and would work for about anybody but if you try others you may find one or some you prefer but you may not. So, I believe the Delica should win the "best overall knife" award. Also, it will fit into anyone's budget easier. Spend about 50 bucks and I believe 95% of your EDC needs will be met for many years, maybe 100% for the rest of your life.

Jack
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

Para 2 without a doubt is my favorite folder. M390 Mule is my favorite fixed.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

delica & endura. greeetzzzz
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

I own a first gen para, police 3, ZT 301, and a pacific salt. The pacific salt gets 95%+ of my carry and use time. Especially in this drenching sweat summer. I just love a zero maintenence knife that does what I need it to.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Military, Para 2, Manix, Native (Yo2 soon to be in the mix)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

My favorites are C83 Persian, Caly3.5 and VG10 Caly3.
Also I love many other :spyder: , none of them can compete with these three
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Almost no one here can name only one! It is like that as for potato chips, LOL.

The Delica is supreme as Spyderco's versatile do-almost-everything-for-everyone knife. It is affordable, excellent, and small enough to be legal almost everywhere in the USA. It disappears in the pocket of most pants if carried clipless, and fits into small pockets or IWB when clipped, also disappearing for all practical purposes.

That said, I love both the Stretch and the Paramilitary 2, and they take turns as my work EDC blades. I carry a clipless Delica when I need to go stealth, and it is enough knife for 99% of my EDC needs, to be honest.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

the most common Spydercos Ive seen at places that carry Spydercos are:

#1 Delica

#2 Endura

#3 Tenacious or the Dragonfly, back in the day when the Dragonfly had the FRN thin molded clip it seemed like they always had those right next to the others.

But if you go on youtube and type in "Spyderco" youd be surprised on how many China variables come up now. It seems to me that the newer buyers are purchasing the China made ones then probably moving up from there to better ones.
BAL

Post by BAL »

The most popular models vary from time to time, recently Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima or Heidi Klum might top the list and some might remember Tyra Banks, Cindy Crawford or even Betty White from many many many years ago.
Waco

Post by Waco »

RIOT wrote:the most common Spydercos Ive seen at places that carry Spydercos are:

#1 Delica

#2 Endura
I'm only aware of one store (Keith's Ace Hardware) around here that currently sells Spydercos and that's all they had last time I checked. I think Walmart was selling Natives at one time, but not anymore.