Still have your first Spydie?

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

No pics, but I still have my first, a Jess Horn Lightweight. Still a good little knife.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
czechinthepipes

Post by czechinthepipes »

My first and only spyderco (for now) is a Grey Delica 4 FRN FFG; it is on me, clipped to my pocket as I type. I am glad I do have it still since it is only a year or so old. :D

I love it, it is definitely my go to knife. I do hope to get a paramilitary 2, maybe a military, Endura 4, sage 1 and maybe a manix 2.
Spyderco FFG Delica 4 Grey
--------
-"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

-"Speak softly and carry a big stick". Theodore Roosevelt
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

No pics of my first - an 80s vintage Standard. It's sitting at the bottom of Sportsman's Lake in Oklahoma.

Pro Tip - never clip a SS Spydie to your shirt while riding in a boat.

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I believe my first was a SS Police... circa 2000 or so. Many an hour lifeguarding in high school was spent putting away pennies for that one. I'm afraid it's long gone. I don't recall whether it was lost, stolen, or gifted away... but it is gone just the same. I still have one of it's subsequent replacements though. This one is probably #6ish. What can I say, I have a weakness for the model :) . Two of them were engraved with my initials, so should any of you come upon one with JPK inscribed on the handle, lemme know :p .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
DrBlade

Post by DrBlade »

First Spyderco was a Delica III with "Acme Crane" lasered on the blade. Got it at a thrift store for 2 dollars best find ever. Oh and I still have it.
:spyder: Delica, SageCF and TI, Dragonfly G-10, Persistance, Balance, Lum Ti, Economy
Wish I still had; Barong, Lava
Wish they made; CF Dragonfly, CF Lava
Thank You BladeOps.com for my new Dragonfly!
OldSarSwmr

First post

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Well I figure what better way to make my first post here than to show my first Spydie. I got it back in the early 90's along with a black handled one. I gave the black one away but kept this one. Orange handled Rescue Clip-It. I have a few :rolleyes: more Spydercos now :D .
:spyder:
Dan
Qcrazy

Well could have lost my first.

Post by Qcrazy »

I posted here a bit ago about my first, a Meerkat and found myself at the airport with the knife in my pocket. It was 5:00 am so the post office wouldn't work, I thought about a security guard or other worker, though remembered another time when in the security line found a knife in my wife's purse that had been forgotten until found by security. We tried to give it to a policeman rather than have it destroyed and was told that we couldn't. So looking around with little time, I saw a planter near a fast food restaurant, dug a hole and buried my knife. All trip the knife was on my mind, a continual joke, and fun for my brother, his son and I. We spent nine days in Indiana watching USAC sprint cars and had a wonderful trip. Once back at the airport, it was lunchtime and two guys were near the burial site and had just sat down. Neither knew each other, time was tight since my wife was picking me up soon. I asked the guy sitting right in front of where I planted the knife if I could bother him for a minute, and told him the story. He laughed and let me dig and the knife was still there. The other guy sat laughing, told me he was a cop elsewhere and was also a Spyderco fan. Before I left he was on his phone yukking it up with a friend telling my story. Well, I'm really glad I got my knife back, Note to self check every pocket if going to the airport.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Qcrazy wrote:I posted here a bit ago about my first, a Meerkat and found myself at the airport with the knife in my pocket. It was 5:00 am so the post office wouldn't work, I thought about a security guard or other worker, though remembered another time when in the security line found a knife in my wife's purse that had been forgotten until found by security. We tried to give it to a policeman rather than have it destroyed and was told that we couldn't. So looking around with little time, I saw a planter near a fast food restaurant, dug a hole and buried my knife. All trip the knife was on my mind, a continual joke, and fun for my brother, his son and I. We spent nine days in Indiana watching USAC sprint cars and had a wonderful trip. Once back at the airport, it was lunchtime and two guys were near the burial site and had just sat down. Neither knew each other, time was tight since my wife was picking me up soon. I asked the guy sitting right in front of where I planted the knife if I could bother him for a minute, and told him the story. He laughed and let me dig and the knife was still there. The other guy sat laughing, told me he was a cop elsewhere and was also a Spyderco fan. Before I left he was on his phone yukking it up with a friend telling my story. Well, I'm really glad I got my knife back, Note to self check every pocket if going to the airport.
That's awesome! Good, resoursful thinking. :D

- best wishes, Jazz.
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

Hunter. Great knife. No longer my EDC, but you bet I still have it. :spyder: :cool:
dem0n1k

Post by dem0n1k »

i am only recently spydie-hooked so my first spydie is only a few years old.
the stainless steel stretch 2 ! :)

i carried it for a few weeks but it scared people :( now i just use it at home & oil / polish / admire it every now & then ;)

viva la spydies!
:spyder: australian spyderco fan :spyder:
Mad

Post by Mad »

just got my first one in the mail :)
Shazam

Post by Shazam »

I still have my First SE Rescue - from MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) from 1989. - Its the REI of Canada. I also got a letter in 1990 from them telling me that it was a restricted knife due to the fact you could open it with one hand .. LOL.

We have LOTS of Spydies here in Canada. LOTS
:spyder: Spyderco-aholic
Stasis

Post by Stasis »

Bought my first Spyderco, an SS Cricket, when I was 13. I'm 20 now, and yes, I've still got it, and thirteen more Spydies... about to make it fourteen! :D

The Cricket has been respectfully retired to my now-cramped display case in favor of other models, but it has been and always will be an excellent knife.
Mattexian

Post by Mattexian »

Still got my first Spydie, a old Delica I found in a ditch while walking my dog long ago in '95 or so. Carried it a lot, broke the clip, replaced it with coathanger wire and J-B Weld, finally retired it a few years back with a Native and a D4 (which I've cleaned off the paint from both clips, after getting scratched up and ugly).

Matt in Texas
Recovering BoyScout(TM), now doing GoodTurns(TM) fortnightly!
duvaldrummer

Post by duvaldrummer »

Delica 4 FFG.. Just put a poor man's stonewash on it.

My :spyder:'s : C11FBL Delica 4 ffg; C36CMOBK Military; C123 Sage; C135 PPT; C81G2 Para-Military 2; C75SS3 Kiwi3(2); B02GP SmallFly; C10FPPR Endura 4 FFG; C81GPOR2 Para-Military 2(2); C28BK2 Dragonfly2; C11FPOR Delica 4 ffg; C11GYW Delica 4 Emerson; C88SBK Salt I SpyderEdge; C10JBB Endura Jigged Bone/Damascus; C10PPN Endura;
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

hey guys,
here's my first spydie, a d1 se with the narrow clip.
it was gifted to me by my best friend back in the early '90's.
it's seen lots of use and still gets carried occasionally.
later,
don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Tank wrote:Lost my first one (SS Economy) home robbery, but I got this about the same time, 91ish
Eddie Bauer Spyderco?? Whoda thought/? :D
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Big ol' Endura started the romance for me.

DougB2

Post by DougB2 »

The first Spyderco I got was a fully serrated Endura I bought at the Griffiss AFB BX in '92 or '93. As I was removing it from the package, the plastic clip broke off. So, it was compromised before it got out of the wrapping! I ground the remains of the clip off but I was never a fan of fully serrated blades. It followed me around as I moved and I sold it about 10 years later. I have several other Spydies, though, that I've accumulated over the years.
Seki-City

Post by Seki-City »

Tortoise...did you pick up that knife in North Carolina?...it's got our state motto on it :)