Osama bin laden dead!!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

historicalman wrote:this thread needs to be locked.
+1
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Sequimite wrote:Leader of mass murder - common agent of mass murder

It's called an analogy.
You really don't know much about Hitler and what he did do you?

I mean other than the 6 Million Jews he ordered to be killed.....

To put Bin in the same category as Hitler is so funny and ridiculous I don't even know were to begin trying to explain things to you.

The idea is so unbelievable I just don't know.....
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

why does this have to be discussed on the Spyderco forum..there's facebook and twitter..i believe people can rant and rave on there till their eyes pop out!!! Mayb this object being discussed should have blown himself to smithereens..Rest In Pieces...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Neomik wrote:
I understand that you maybe misinterpret what I meant.

I meant that I feel the anger that the people of Israel have against terrorists since they suffer for many years from terrorism on their soil and that I respect their military actions and their pride.
It is always possibility that somebody misunderstood you. So I will be happy if you can clarify, because even what said above is not completely clear. How can you respect their military actions and feel the anger that the people of Israel have against terrorists at the same time? :confused:
Quite confusing.

Neomik wrote: As for your cheap-shot that I live in Greece and that I live in safety that is a comment that I leave unanswered since you do obviously not know that we have political terrorism of our own from radical political groups that blow property up and burn houses and places down with people that died!
We can talk about this later, if needed.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Neomik

Post by Neomik »

@ bh49,

This is a forum that we all use to express our enthusiasm for Spyderco/Knifes in General/ and sometimes off topic issues.

I made my statement to the topic and furthermore I added my opinion on the issue of terrorism with the example of Israel.

I will not start a political conversation here with you or anyone and I certainly as anyone else here have to justify myself or my opinions as long as I do not offend anyone here be a racist or speak/write condescending like you do.

I am telling you what I think: Terrorism is a global problem and the reasons are many in some places more than other. And I show no sympathy for the terrorist their motives or their heritage. They attack innocent people and that should not be unanswered. I believe in peaceful resolutions but if some people/organizations continue with terror activities and attacks after many attempts for peace the answer should be retributive.

I do not like the fact that you patronize my writing and question every single word I wrote. And I am very sorry that English is "only" the 3 Language I speak and maybe sometimes I do not clarify something to the dot!!!

I will not comment anymore to your opinions here since I do believe that the other readers do not care about your personal problem and picking on what I wrote!!

Have a nice day and if you like you can pm me and we can continue our conversation on a private base!
Michael
[CENTER]-. . ...- . .-. .-- .. - .... --- ..- - -- -.-- ... .--. -.-- -.. . .-. -.-. ---[/CENTER]
[CENTER]:spyder:“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”:spyder:[/CENTER]
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Neomik wrote:@ bh49,

This is a forum that we all use to express our enthusiasm for Spyderco/Knifes in General/ and sometimes off topic issues.

I made my statement to the topic and furthermore I added my opinion on the issue of terrorism with the example of Israel.

I will not start a political conversation here with you or anyone and I certainly as anyone else here have to justify myself or my opinions as long as I do not offend anyone here be a racist or speak/write condescending like you do.

I am telling you what I think: Terrorism is a global problem and the reasons are many in some places more than other. And I show no sympathy for the terrorist their motives or their heritage. They attack innocent people and that should not be unanswered. I believe in peaceful resolutions but if some people/organizations continue with terror activities and attacks after many attempts for peace the answer should be retributive.

I do not like the fact that you patronize my writing and question every single word I wrote. And I am very sorry that English is "only" the 3 Language I speak and maybe sometimes I do not clarify something to the dot!!!

I will not comment anymore to your opinions here since I do believe that the other readers do not care about your personal problem and picking on what I wrote!!

Have a nice day and if you like you can pm me and we can continue our conversation on a private base!
I don't think most people in the US really understand that terrorism is something that people in a lot of different countries experience and live with on a daily basis. The threat is very real in those countries and nothing new.

The US was caught with their pants down almost right after they got done gutting the Military and lowering our defenses after the Cold War ended so all that security wasn't really needed as they said..... ;)

Well guess what happened? 9/11 Happened....

And then guess what happened after that? They rebuilt the Military and fixed all the security holes they opened up from all the gutting they did.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Ankerson wrote:You really don't know much about Hitler and what he did do you?

I mean other than the 6 Million Jews he ordered to be killed.....

To put Bin in the same category as Hitler is so funny and ridiculous I don't even know were to begin trying to explain things to you.

The idea is so unbelievable I just don't know.....
I wasn't going to post again but I feel I must answer this. Hitler murdered most of my relatives on my father's side. I've known a number of people with tatoos on their arms. I know who Hitler is. And I know that it would have been more valuable to kill Hitler than any of his murderous henchmen.

I also know who bin Laden was and I know that it was more valuable to kill him than one of his henchmen.

Unlike you I don't think that leaders who incite their followers to mass murder are no more dangerous than their lowest rank followers. I think your view has been proven wrong time and time again through history. I have offered reasons for my view. You have ignored them and personally attacked me. I will not look at this thread again or I will definitely say something I will regret later.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Sequimite wrote:I wasn't going to post again but I feel I must answer this. Hitler murdered most of my relatives on my father's side. I've known a number of people with tatoos on their arms. I know who Hitler is. And I know that it would have been more valuable to kill Hitler than any of his murderous henchmen.

I also know who bin Laden was and I know that it was more valuable to kill him than one of his henchmen.

Unlike you I don't think that leaders who incite their followers to mass murder are no more dangerous than their lowest rank followers. I think your view has been proven wrong time and time again through history. I have offered reasons for my view. You have ignored them and personally attacked me. I will not look at this thread again or I will definitely say something I will regret later.
I don't agree with you at all.. ;)

You act Like this one dude is responsible for every terrorist act in the world for the past 30 years, you are making him into something he never was and putting him on a pedestal. And killing him will just make everything better and there won't be anymore terrorism in the world now because he is gone. Now everything will be rose petals and candy for the next 200 years or more.

That ain't how it is.....

That's media sensationalism at work..
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'm glad he's dead, although I wish they doused his wife and son with gasoline and burned them alive in front of his eyes before putting a bullet in his head. Will his death it stop Islamic terrorism, **** no. Will it even put a major dent in it, **** no. Out of the billion and a half Muslims on the planet, I'm sure there are plenty to take his place. But none the less it does feel good.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

The Deacon wrote:I'm glad he's dead, although I wish they doused his wife and son with gasoline and burned them alive in front of his eyes before putting a bullet in his head. Will his death it stop Islamic terrorism, **** no. Will it even put a major dent in it, **** no. Out of the billion and a half Muslims on the planet, I'm sure there are plenty to take his place. But none the less it does feel good.
Exactly. :cool:
jwingfie

Post by jwingfie »

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dale Gribble

Post by Dale Gribble »

where are the mods? politics = bad! :(
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Thank You Paul
IBTL ;)
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I think this is another good time to suggest maybe a sort of dark corner private, invite or request join only group for politics be created. I know Sal had considered doing such a thing.. I'd be all for it with the strict rules that what happens on that forum stays on that forum. But maybe that's just me. :D
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
angusW

Post by angusW »

Sequimite wrote:It was "good"; did that hurt so much? Life is a constant mixture of good and bad stuff. If you want to concentrate on the bad you will always have plenty of material to work with.

Bin Laden was the center of a huge personality cult. He was a hero to many who had no clear idea of what he stood for. His ability to survive was a significant part of his appeal. His replacement will almost certainly be remarkably less successful.

It's your prerogative to disagree with me but in doing so give me some reasoning; show me examples of how common it is for someone who galvanized millions and led a worldwide movement to have a successor who was as effective.
I disagree. The woman who looks after my daughter is from Pakistan and grew up not far from the city where Osamba was "killed". Her father was a judge in that city. When I go to her house to pickup my daughter we frequently have talks regarding what is going on in that region. Osama is not well liked in Pakistan nor are the people in that region disillusioned into thinking he was anything but a western backed puppet to cause unrest here and abroad. We always have a good laugh at how blinded people in Canada and the US are. There are some wacko's that follow him but it is not millions and Osama is not Obama. Barack is the one with the personality cult of millions.

Ankerson is right. The media concentrates on the trivial and if anyone says "There something wrong" people tell them to be more positive. It's like if my neighbour's house was on fire and I tell them to get out and my neighbour tells me to "quit concentrating on the bad". One of the reasons why there are multiple wars and high unemployment is because all anyone does is look at the trivial.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

im glad this thread isnt closed!!!!!!!

this forum needs some USA Pride without going political.
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

I'm all for that, and all about that. :cool:
Although, prolly get locked I'm guessing / SB
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Osama....still Dead!....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

No, you're not alone Kris ;)
defenestrate wrote:I think this is another good time to suggest maybe a sort of dark corner private, invite or request join only group for politics be created. I know Sal had considered doing such a thing.. I'd be all for it with the strict rules that what happens on that forum stays on that forum. But maybe that's just me. :D
Wolfie677

Post by Wolfie677 »

This got very interesting since the last time I looked at it... :D

I don't think anyone will argue that it is a good thing he is dead. Plenty of people will argue the when, where, how and if how much he was still involved with the CIA. There are plenty of people who will say he is still alive, but then so is Elvis supposedly.

I think that we can all agree that the "media" in this this country and abroad has the ability to slant thing to their own agenda. If for no other reason that to create ratings and while sex sells, fear makes good news. Was Osama someone of great importance to the face of global terrorism? Of course. Was he as big as we have been led to believe? Who knows, I have my doubts, but we may never actually have the actual facts on that.

I love this country, but it is no surprise to anyone that the government has lied to us all before, be it for national security reasons or for public coercion. The official story on his death keeps changing, there won't be any pictures or video released, and in the end all we are left with is an official statement saying he was buried at sea. I have no doubt he is dead, and he probably was dropped in the ocean, but I've reached the point where I keep my head on a swivel concerning anything coming out of Washington these days. I don't want to be surprised if the story changes again.