I just received my Para 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gunnut35

I just received my Para 2

Post by gunnut35 »

I originally had one on preorder but got impatient and cancelled my order. Every time i went to order one after that, they where out of stock and i did not want to pay the price of places that did have them. I really wrote the Para off and was not going to get one. On Thursday i was going to order another Spyderco but i ordered the Para 2 instead and it arrived today.
I am very impressed with this knife and i am so glad that i did not let my stubbornness get in the way of purchasing the Para 2. There really is nothing about this knife that i dont like and it will be my "new" favorite edc.
I got to do two of my favorite things today. I got to plant my summer tomatoes, herbs, and peppers and i got another great Spyderco.
I will post pictures later tonight.
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

Congrats! I too had a pre-order for a Para 2 since last August, got impatient and canceled it, then finally got mine in early Feb. At first, I really liked it, but I didn't use it that much for EDC the first week or 2. Since then it's only grown on me, I've carried it more and more, and now it is definitely in my top 5 spydies, and rivals my Stretch 2 for favorite larger EDC. I absolutely love the grind on it, as well as the ergo's. Also, I really dig the comp. lock (it's my first), and can't wait to get the Superleaf, probably in a week or so.
kawr

Post by kawr »

Congrats, the Para 2 is one of my favorites. Easily top 5 for me as well.
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Pics
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

I love this knife. One of the best I ever had. Took me some time to adjust to the lock, but still loved it right away. The best thing is ergonomics and the weight for the fairly big size. Congrats!
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

It's quickly become my favorite.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

congrats gunnut, nice pictures as well. Looks like you like your peppers hot ;)

Strange how the Para 2 has been so sporadically produced from the get go months and months ago and is still out of stock or backordered at some dealers. I think the Para 2 started off with issues last summer and never got back on track or just took a backseat to some of the other models I guess.
Beanie-Bean

Post by Beanie-Bean »

Congrats on the new Para 2. I really, really like that knife, and have it in two flavors so far--the black/satin, and digicamo/satin finishes. Just waiting on the Gray/CTS version to arrive :)
Spyderbitten in 2011 and haven't been the same since.
spydietingle

Post by spydietingle »

Congrats on that PM2!
James

She says: What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine.
I say: That's fine, except one thing -> :spyder: