citadel button delay

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Popsickle

citadel button delay

Post by Popsickle »

my friend just ordered a citadel and he loves every part of it except for the HUGE delay from pushing the button to the blade actually deploying. is this normal for the citadel?
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Not normal on mine. As soon as I press the button, the blade deploys. Is the pivot screw too tight? Maybe too little lube left? Most autos need a little more looseness in the pivot to deploy with authority.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I would suggest that your friend send it in to W&R and let our crew take a look at it. What you're describing isn't normal. I would also remind him to be sure to include all of his contact information as well as the required form for a restricted item W&R return (can be found here http://spyderco.com/downloads/Restricte ... rnForm.pdf.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TBob

Post by TBob »

What Kristi said. Mine had a VERY slight hesitation when it was brand new, but after a little use it pops right out.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

thank you kristi and everyone else who responded... he sent it back and is getting a replacement sent to him tuesday. I will inform him about being able to send it to golden for help if needed!