Lost my very first spyderco today!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CharlesIV

Lost my very first spyderco today!

Post by CharlesIV »

I'm so pissed right now words can't explained. My civilian somehow became unclipped from my pocket sometime today.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ouch...that's a costly loss.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

Oh wow, a Civilian! O.O

Is this the first Spyderco that you've lost or is the Spyderco you lost today the very first Spyderco that you've owned?

RIP, our dear friend the Civilian, or welcome to your new owner.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
CharlesIV

Post by CharlesIV »

First ever owned
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

Sorry for your loss, my condolences. Hopefully who ever might find it appreciates it.

Post by 5.56 »

Check your car. I've lost a couple knives, or so I thought, only to have them turn up later. Sometimes they fall down in the seat of my truck. That's where I always look first.
-Rob

Knuckle dragger
delicafreak

Post by delicafreak »

dude.. that sucks. ive lost my kershaw scallion for a few months but i found it. we have these couches that recline and they eat EVERYTHING they like phones 2... so if u have a couch with lots of nooks and crannys check that.
it all started november 2010.. now Im up to 16:spyder:'s and 2 BYRD's and still, theres many more to come. thanks sal :p:D HUGE thanks to my dad for my newly accuired Orange manix 2!:D
TBob

Post by TBob »

5.56 wrote:Check your car. I've lost a couple knives, or so I thought, only to have them turn up later. Sometimes they fall down in the seat of my truck. That's where I always look first.
+1.

I thought that I lost a SAK that I had bought in Europe several decades ago and carried without fail. That model is no longer made. After I bought another SAK to take its place, I found the original knife which had fallen into some folds in a comforter. Poke around, you never know.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
CharlesIV

Post by CharlesIV »

5.56 wrote:Check your car. I've lost a couple knives, or so I thought, only to have them turn up later. Sometimes they fall down in the seat of my truck. That's where I always look first.
Yeah I just went through my truck again and still nothing.
Bummed!
CharlesIV

Post by CharlesIV »

TBob wrote:+1.

I thought that I lost a SAK that I had bought in Europe several decades ago and carried without fail. That model is no longer made. After I bought another SAK to take its place, I found the original knife which had fallen into some folds in a comforter. Poke around, you never know.
Yeah time to call in the lost and found at OSH also
bada61265

Post by bada61265 »

i had thought i lost my leek that was my edc for several years and one day doing a detail cleaning on my car months later it turned up. if something like that is the case you might come across it in time. id say its 50/50 if someone finds it it will get turned in. but keep checking. good luck
my knives:
kershaw Leek Buck 119 Cold Steel Recon tanto
Cold Steel Ti Lite VI ,
Spyderco: Tenacious ,Persistence, Endura 4 blue Stretch zdp blue, Manix 2 ,Native s30v . Sage2 titanium, Gayle Bradly cpm m4, Muleteam mt 10, woodcraft mule s30v. Orange Delica 4
Bark River PSK 154cm, Gunny, Bravo 2, Canadian Special
cckw

Post by cckw »

On some forum somewhere someone just posted. "My lucky day" and is telling how they found this awesome knife just laying on the ground.....
eneyman

Post by eneyman »

cckw wrote:On some forum somewhere someone just posted. "My lucky day" and is telling how they found this awesome knife just laying on the ground.....
hah, my twisted mind just thought of creating a fake thread on bladeforums or something titled "I just found a spyderco civilian, yippee!"

sorry though in all seriousness.. really sucks when you lose something of value and that meant a great deal
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Ouch I feel your pain....maybe it will turn up yet....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
aedmband21

Post by aedmband21 »

I had to open something in a car with one of my EDC knives and foolishly put it on my lap rather than back in my pocket. When I got out of the car the knife fell out into 5 feet of snow without me realizing until about an hour later. I spent an hour shoveling snow and finally gave up. A month later all the snow thawed and sure enough... there it was. Minimal rust and I was pissed that I ordered another one.
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

theres always another to buy..
burningpit

Post by burningpit »

That's an expensive loss but at least the Civilian is still in production.
:spyder: Collector Club #092 :spyder:
markg

Post by markg »

Losing a knife sucks...

However I hope you can smile with this thought.

Can you imagine the look on someone's face when they find that knife!!! I mean, I can here it now... "What the..." :)
grg

Post by grg »

I've got two spydercos missing one for almost two years,and another about three months.The first I misplaced was my #29 mini manix the other is my mouse.If they turn up I'll celebrate,and buy another spyderco.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I lost my first spyderco quite some time ago... the pain will ease with time. Then again... I just lost one of the clip screws on my Police and ordered a new knife immediately, so it's possible that there is some residual trauma from the event :-P.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright