Best EDC Knife with Dress Pants

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gijoe945

Post by gijoe945 »

ZDP189 Delica. Best for me of all around knives with 53 years of carrying some unusual ones. Not going back that far with delicas, but a P.I.G. for my first Spyderco encounter. Don't take a knife to a gunfight.
rororo64

Post by rororo64 »

My favorite dress knife hands down is a Mnandi in damascus, then a Caly 3. That being said, I think if you can find a delica 4 in damascus or wait for the next run, I think it would be great in a dress knife role.
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

Any knife from the Calypso line is perfect for your needs. If your set on the Caly 3 get the ZDP-189. My preference is the Caly 3.5. The slightly larger handle fits me better.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

gonna go out on a limb here...my favorite edc for dress pants (i wear a suit every day) is the kiwi. missed out on the cf locker, but loving the stag slippy.
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

tacticooledc wrote:If you're looking at benchmades, you can't go wrong with the 940/943 series, they are simply beautiful. Now they may not be spyderco-grade s30v, but s30v nonetheless. Axis lock is buttery smooth and a beautiful contrasting purple titanium backspacer to the anodized aluminum handle. The clip won't tear your pants up since it rides against anodized aluminum, yet the handle still offers great traction in most conditions
I love my Benchmade 960 for dress pant carry.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
AJF

Post by AJF »

I like my Urban FG (leaf)---small, light, and deep wire clip.

If I want something very thin and light, but with enough blade to still be useful, I take my A.G. Russell 3.0 Titanium Lockback: http://www.agrussell.com/ag-russell-3-0 ... ShhhP73TI/ A.G.'s pic doesn't do it justice---it is a handsome and elegant little knife, and it's hard to beat VG10 + titanium scales at that price.

Andrew