Not all Wives Hate Knives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dr. Snubnose

Not all Wives Hate Knives

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Last month I had to give up a Ronin to my better half....Last Night She took my Stainless Jester!!!.....When will it end :eek: :eek::eek :D oc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

Hey Doc, what does she plan on doing with them knives? Theres only one roll the ronin is suited for, but then again she has a walking armory for a husban so why does she need a knife? :D
thewannabesurvivalist
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I really don't know what's worse, a wife who hates knives or a wife that steals them. I wish there were wives that see knives they like and buy two, one for her and one for their husband but I think I'll just have to keep wishing on a star for that one to come true.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
JabFynger

Post by JabFynger »

Sorry about your loss :D
"You could have opened that with your hands." "Ya, but this knife cost me $60...the hands were free.":spyder:
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:.....When will it end :eek: :eek::eek :D oc :D
A) When you learn to hide them better? :D

B) When you introduce her to your knife dealer (so she can get them for herself :eek :) ?

C) When **** freezes over?

D) Any or all of the above! :D :eek: :D
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

HellHound wrote:Hey Doc, what does she plan on doing with them knives? Theres only one roll the ronin is suited for, but then again she has a walking armory for a husban so why does she need a knife? :D
She needs it cause I trained her for 17 years...this way I can say "you get out of the car and handle this" LOL....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:She needs it cause I trained her for 17 years...this way I can say "you get out of the car and handle this" LOL....Doc :D
LOL @ the image in my head where you kick her out of the car and tell her to handle the gang of 5 thugs while you chill in the car. :D
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Haha awesome Doc :) ! I'm still working on mine. She carries a flashlight now and I'm randomly sneaking stuff on to her keychain =p
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am safe for now. My wife is very happy with her Ladybug. Doesn't need more knives at this time. I also have my son, who once in a while very gently asking, if I can share one of my knives with him. I gave him already Caly3 (of cause), SS Caly Jr. and Native. Also I saw how he is looking on Lil Persian. Fortunately for me, fine gentleman from Canada, AKA Hot Soup helped me to allocate one C105 for my son.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

hey, even my wife who is frightened of sharp knives, heck any knives, asked me for a tiny one so she can open up those Benadryl quick dissoving strips. you know, the ones that are for emergencies where you need to get the medicine into your system ASAP. well you can't tear them open with your bare hands :rolleyes: , the guy probably got a promotion after he designed the packaging. i was thinking of giving her a bug but i might go bigger with a ladybug instead, maybe if it is pink she will like it :p .
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Tank

Post by Tank »

My wife took my ss jester a while back.. The cool part about once a month she hands it to me and asks me to clean it up and sharpen it. She uses it at work all the time. Still wont upgrade to anything bigger.

Hey Doc if you ever want to give up another Ronin I would gladly give it a great home ;)
-John
Rhiney

Post by Rhiney »

Well Doc, look at it this way: as long as you stay married, she'll take one of your knives every year or so. If you split up, she'll take half of your knives...so, be nice to her, buy her some flowers, and hope the next knife she takes isn't collectible :)
So-Lo

Post by So-Lo »

Mrs So-Lo tried to take my S90V mili :eek:

Then she seen the blue stretch 2 and decided she like that one better, she carries it in her purse most of the time. The rest of the time it's IWB.

A few years ago I took a blur salsa in on a trade deal and tried to give it to her, and she said, "what the heck am I going to do with that little thing?" "If I'm going to carry a knife, I'm going to carry a KNIFE!" I pulled my S90V Mili out of my pocket, flicked it open and said, "like this one?" She said, "yes, I want that one!" :eek:
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

So-Lo wrote:Mrs So-Lo tried to take my S90V mili :eek:

Then she seen the blue stretch 2 and decided she like that one better, she carries it in her purse most of the time. The rest of the time it's IWB.

A few years ago I took a blur salsa in on a trade deal and tried to give it to her, and she said, "what the heck am I going to do with that little thing?" "If I'm going to carry a knife, I'm going to carry a KNIFE!" I pulled my S90V Mili out of my pocket, flicked it open and said, "like this one?" She said, "yes, I want that one!" :eek:
you know how many jokes that are just waiting to be typed ...lol :p
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Doc your wife has good taste in knives. I, as the distaff member of my marriage, am also an afi of good cutlery. If only I could score a Ronin....for a steal of a price!
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Tank wrote:My wife took my ss jester a while back.. The cool part about once a month she hands it to me and asks me to clean it up and sharpen it. She uses it at work all the time. Still wont upgrade to anything bigger.

Hey Doc if you ever want to give up another Ronin I would gladly give it a great home ;)
Ay Tank, I wish I had another Ronin knifebro, I'd put one off to you right away. TonyDaHose recently tried to hook me up with some on Ebay...but I was outbid...There's always next time...But If I happen to get lucky and can find a few, you'll be on my official list...After having 82 of them and thinking all I need is two or three...the two I now have and the other in the wife's possession, I'm now thinking I need more....or at least saved a few more for myself....Doc :spyder:

Tank

Post by Tank »

Thanks Doc. I've been keeping my eye out for one, more so now that I am employed again. Someday.... BTW.. I think its awesome that your wife carries one.
-John
Armalite Native

Post by Armalite Native »

Lost my Tenacious the same way last week Doc. Shes taken to wearing it on her chest snagged on the neckline of teeshirts. Its scary how good shes gotten at deploying it.

I must now replace it for something else.
So far shes taken:
Catcherman mint
Tenacious

I figure thats gotta be worth a Persian 2 for me? Seen Catcherman go for a pretty penny thesedays.
Shazam

Post by Shazam »

Doc - Im thinking its an epidemic! I had to provide my GF with her own Enduras as well as a Centofante 3 and Rescue Wave of her own so she would stay out of my Spydie drawer!

The sad part was that I often ask her for her Cricket or Kiwi when we are out as the full size Millie is often too much knife to open at the post office, mall etc ... ;)
:spyder: Spyderco-aholic
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I had the great idea of telling my wife that the SAK I got with my edge pro was better(because of the nail file, :D ) than the honeybee that she had sequestered. Luckily she bought it. More than likely though she was just indulging me.