Making my my back to Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
flipe8

Making my way back to Spyderco

Post by flipe8 »

Eventhough Spyderco was my first experience with high-end knives I and I have checked out the forum basically every day for the past 5 or so years, I've been carrying other products for some time now. I just kinda got away from them, opting for higher-priced knives in the mid-tech and custom made categories. Eventhough I was quite pleased with them(customs and mid-tech), I found it pretty stressful to actually use them, fearing a mark here or a scuff there would greatly reduce their appeal when I decided to sell. For me, much of the appeal of this hobby is in the search, but I simply felt a lot of guilt owning multiple expensive knives. By contrast, I never felt such guilt in owning a number of Spydies at any one time. From my point of view, I'm not sure if the pride of owning something more exclusive/slightly better F&F(at times) is worth the large jump in price to me anymore. Anyways, I was looking for a decently priced worker and decided on a Manix2 in 154CM. Since getting it yesterday, I've already used it twice for some messy cuts without worry. That's why I was drawn to Spydercos in the past and that's why I'm happy to be back in the ranks of Spyderco users :spyder:
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
marknett

Post by marknett »

I use all my knives . Nothing against collecting but I don't have the money for that. If I can't use it , I don't buy it .. kinda like my vehicles ;)
"When Life feeds you Lemons , Pucker up and Quit Whining"

Mark
"Black" Delica 4 vg-10 (SG)
"S.S." Byrd Meadowlark 8Cr13MoV (SG)
"S.S." Grasshopper CR13 (FFG)
"Blue" Stretch 2 ZDP-189 (FFG)
Shazam

Post by Shazam »

I agree. My Spydies are useful pieces of art ;)
:spyder: Spyderco-aholic
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

They are the Toyota Landcruisers of knives :D
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt