New Hampshire now has "total knife liberty!" ...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
speedmaster

New Hampshire now has "total knife liberty!" ...

Post by speedmaster »

Did you guys see this?

New Hampshire now has "total knife liberty!" - Liberty in Our Lifetime
"Today, May 18, 2010, NH Governor Lynch signed into law HB1665 which took effect immediately. New Hampshire now has absolutely no knife laws which stop law abiding citizens from buying, selling, owning, carrying, possessing, transporting, collecting, or lawfully using any type of knife! New Hampshire truly lives up to its motto of "Live Free Or Die.""
http://freestateproject.org/content/new ... fe-liberty
Splice

Post by Splice »

yeah it was posted right about when it happened. As a NH native and resident, I can't be happier. Am I about to go out and buy a super-expensive auto or carry around a dagger? No. But I can now, without a second thought, feel no apprehension about carrying anything I want, be it a Delica or a Balisong. That's pretty friggin' sweet if you ask me.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Now that's freedom. I'll toast New Hampshire tonight when I get off work. :D
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Chainlink

Post by Chainlink »

1 down 49 to go? Not sure how many states are this way.
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

I know OR is pretty lax on knife laws. I thought they were the only state where Balisongs are legal. I guess NH is second. Kudos to NH.

-E
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

I've got county laws messing with me where I live in Colorado Springs. Arapahoe County Concealed Weapon Permit says it needs to be under 3.5 or I need a CC permit. Ri-****-diculous if you ask me.

I carried an auto when stationed at CENTCOM in Florida back 2003 because Jeb Bush didn't care what you carry. Good for NH!
...oh you know why!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Chopping Broccoli wrote:I know OR is pretty lax on knife laws. I thought they were the only state where Balisongs are legal. I guess NH is second. Kudos to NH.

-E
Would love to see a law like that NH one here but, FWIW, balisongs are legal anywhere in New York except NYC. I believe they're legal in quite a few other states as well. Automatics are a different story.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Metric

Post by Metric »

I am seriously considering moving to New Hampshire at some point, to enjoy and participate in the free state project. It is unfortunate they have almost no control of the federal beast.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The Deacon wrote:Would love to see a law like that NH one here
+1
Even more, I would love to see NH knife law adopted by all states. So nobody need to change their habits in case if you need to cross state line.

The Deacon wrote: but, FWIW, balisongs are legal anywhere in New York except NYC. I believe they're legal in quite a few other states as well. Automatics are a different story.
Couple years ago I read interesting comment from one of CT police Sergeants on "knife law" section on BF. Basically he said that balisongs used to be illegal in CT, not anymore, but most cops do not know this.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

bh49 wrote:+1
Even more, I would love to see NH knife law adopted by all states. So nobody need to change their habits in case if you need to cross state line.
Yep, and repeal of the federal ones as well.
bh49 wrote:Couple years ago I read interesting comment from one of CT police lieutenants on "knife law" section on BF. Basically he said that balisongs used to be illegal in CT, not anymore, but most cops do not know this.
I suspect they never were really illegal there and that, just like here, cops will tack a possession of a "switchblade" or "gravity knife" charge on when someone is being arrested on charges that are both more serious and more legitimate. Un-American as it may sound, I have no problem with that, it's just a way of giving the DA one more bargaining chip.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!