So...How did it feel?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dr. Snubnose

So...How did it feel?

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

For those who participated in World Spyderco Week May 1st-8th, where for one week you only carried Spyderco knives, I was wondering....How did it feel?
I can tell you for myself, I missed some of the knives that I count on from other companies, but to tell you the truth, my Spyderco EDC Only was truly inspiring...as I there was no task that came about that I couldn't handle with just a Spyderco on my person. It was also great to pull some of my long last favorite Spyderco's that rarely see anymore pocket time and take them for a stroll around the park...It took me back to memory lane, and I got in touch with why I bought these particular knives and appreciate there value once again...I'm back to carrying my usual Spyderco's and other knives from other companies that I enjoy and use daily...but I must admit, I really enjoyed doing this Spyderco only week, I got to thinking...maybe I should do this more often.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Is it over? it passed by so quickly, I carry spydies anyway. :)
JLS

Post by JLS »

Not much different, but then again, I rarely carry another make of knife. The knives that get used most often are my Militaries and Mules. I have substituted a Swick 2 in place of a Mule for the last week or so, but I'll be going back soon.

The few times I carry something other than Spyderco is generally for looks rather than function. Functionality dictates a Spyderco for me and my uses.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Stretch in my back pocket. Kiwi in my watch pocket. Bug or Jester with my keys depending on which ring I was carrying. Felt like normalcy to me, but then I rarely carry anything but Spyderco knives.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
redhawk44357

Post by redhawk44357 »

I have to admit, carrying only spydies was different for me. since i only own 16, i had alot of repeats. my normal work day edc includes a battered cold steel voyager tanto SE which will be back in the pocket this morn. All in all, it was a great idea.
SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

I've been carrying my Carbon Caly 3 since I got it 3 or 4 weeks ago. I
carried my Foilage greeg Endura 4 for the last two years, mixed in with
a few other brands. I found myself carrying the E4 a lot last week instead
of the Caly 3 because the E4 is just such a Great knife. Three years ago,
I wouldn't have been able to accomplish this because I was pretty hooked
on another brand. It's not quite so hard now.
Regards Sonny
Fender Strat...the Guitar that put the Rock in Rock&Roll
raven

Post by raven »

Ya Know Doc ... made me realize just how much I miss EDCing my Adventura. It felt good to have it clippedi in the pocket again while On-Duty ;) . I still have reservations about EDCing it again, because it's the only one have and know it's been disc'd. I tend to be rough on my knives while On-Duty and just don't want to ruin the only one I have. Again, It Felt Good To Carry A Long Time Companion ;) . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

No difference for me since Spydies are the only thing I carry. It just more fun since I carried 3-4 instead of 2-3 each day and tried to carry stuff I usually dont carry. Fun week.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

No difference for me either. I don't carry everyday, (tight security going in and out of federal and state buildings) but when I do it's a Spyderco. Been doing this for about 29 years. Strayed to more exotic and much more expensive makes in years past, but always came back to Spyderco. Now it's only Spyderco, which in the past couple of weeks has been the FFG Delica (reshaped by Krien) or a CF Caly3.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Last time I carried non-Spyderco about four years ago, do not miss other brands yet.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Felt normal for me. Stretch is always in the RFP. I did carry more than one blade, which was nice for a change.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
TooSharp

Post by TooSharp »

It always feels great to have a Spyderco in my pocket. I know it will be there when I need it.
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Doc,

I am glad you made it Official Spydie only week! I usually carry a few other brands of knives but I always do have at least one spydie on me. But when I deleted the other brands from my carry and replaced solely with Spydies I too realized that there wasn't a task I encountered that my Spyder couldn't take care of. I usually carried 2-3 Spydies each day, and mix up the variety. I found out one of my favorite combos was
Sprint Manix 2's (any flavor)
Waved Delica CE
Dodo SE

Each of these knives had great traits to contribute to my EDC and quite honestly those 3 alone I feel could handle any work I needed done period :D

Thanks for having an idea, and sharing it with us Doc!

Hats off to you Sir!
Vic
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

It was great for me. I got to buy two new knives and convince my girlfriend that I wasn't crazy because "everyone is doing it."

I EDC a waved delica, a lava or both depending on where I'm working any given day anyway.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Agent Starling

It feels good...

Post by Agent Starling »

the way that it should, now :cool: ...to paraphrase James Brown w/moonwalk included! I put that meerkat to work instead of hiding it with my other non-user spydies...more than a feeling...and less than a revelation!!! :spyder: :D

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Normal? That's what I carry all the time anyway.
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

LOL participated an did not realize it.

Mon-Fri my work EDC is a FFG Brown Delica. Last weekend I alternated between my ZDP-189 SE Delica and my FG FRN Endura.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

bh49 wrote:Last time I carried non-Spyderco about four years ago, do not miss other brands yet.
There are other brands ?!?! :eek: :confused:
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
dialex

Post by dialex »

Actually it was quite frustrating. Carying a safe queen knowing you won't use it. :mad:
Fortunately, IWB there was the backup - my beloved "Dialica" ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

ozspyder wrote:There are other brands ?!?! :eek: :confused:
There were :) :D

The knife without Spyderhole is defective and nobody except Spyderco can put a Spyderhole
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian