Who was your first?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

My first was a Delica full serrated blade. I read a review about it in one of
my handgun rags. I went out and bought one. It was the most expensive Knife I had ever bought at the time, probably around 1994 and I paid around
40 dollars for it from a local knife shop. I started using it as my EDC, and
about 3 weeks into, I lost it at work. I went right out that afternoon and
bought another as much as it pained me to. About 6 weeks later some
of the guys I worked with were out working at a job site, and found my knife!
Glory be!!!!! Now I had two. About 3 months later I bought another with a plain blade. **** if I didn't loose that one in about 6 months, and it was never to be found. Those Delicas are the only knives I've ever lost. I still
have the first two though. Really not much worse for the wear. Neither get used much anymore as I'm passed my fully serrated stage.
Regards Sonny
Fender Strat...the Guitar that put the Rock in Rock&Roll
PureSeventyNine

Post by PureSeventyNine »

My first was a plain edge Tenacious. I had never heard of Spyderco before, and I had seen the reviews by Nutnfancy and Cutlerylover and read all the great reviews of this thing. It had all that I wanted in an edc and at $30 it was irresistible. Now, my girlfriend edc's it and I have moved up to Millies, Enduras and Manixes/Manixi/Manixs????
(((((Edgeucational Student)))))
:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
MILITARY
TENACIOUS
HONEYBEE
MANIX 2
ENDURA
DELICA
GUNTING T
ENDURA 3 T

MANIX 2
LADYBUG
CALY JR MBP
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

I still have mine, my 1st generation Endura.

Pharmagator

Glad to be back...

Post by Pharmagator »

I am new to this board, but not new to Spyderco... my first was purchased in 1985 through my monthly Cutlery Shoppe catalog - I was a 'Gerber' guy back in the mid 80's - but the Spyderco C05 'Standard' (all shiny stainless steel) was just so strikingly weird! That hole in the blade... with a pocket clip? and the serrations looked like a Ginsu kind-of thing... I had to have it!

Last month, I lost my Goddard lightweight that I have carried for the last few years (I carried a Military before that since 1997) and I was looking for another one on eBay and I noticed all the new and amazing Spyderco knives! I have picked up quite a few (even the new camo military) - I found a new lightweight Goddard (great for opening packages at work) and rediscovered my knife hobby!
Tank

Post by Tank »

I think it was 1993, was looking through a cabelas (I think) and spotted a ss economy. It was the Se blade and the pocket clip that did it for me. The spyderhole was at the time and very pleasent addition.
-John
Donut

Post by Donut »

Hey Pharmagator, welcome back. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

I bought a Sharpmaker to use on the few pocket knives I owned, and decided to try out the Tenacious as well. That lead me to the Delica and everything else followed.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

My first Spydie was an Assist I picked up a few years ago. I still have it; carried it at work last night, in fact.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
Pharmagator

Post by Pharmagator »

I just added a Caly 3 CF today!

I hope I don't lose this one!
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

First Spyder was:

BIG MANIX.

I didn't know what I was in for!!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189