Two tone FRN's

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Toad310

Two tone FRN's

Post by Toad310 »

Has any one split up two knives, say a white delica, and a pink one so they have pink on one side and white on the other?

Or any other kind of switching of parts with FRN models.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

switched blades but not scales, i wanted to though making a Red White and Blue Delica
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I wouldn't mind seeing a multi-colored FRN scale. Something with the foliage green having black and tan mixed in with it.
The Wanderer
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Prov. 27:17
supmonkeyface

Post by supmonkeyface »

Digi-Camo FRN anybody? :D
T-Mag (awesome), PE Endura Wave, PE FRN Dragonfly, SE Delica4 FG, PE Manix FG, Lava, Swick-(2009), SE Blue Do-Do, Karambit, SE Para-Military, SE Micarta Spot, Bug, Hossom Forester, 2009 Forum Native, Spyderhawk Salt SE
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

supmonkeyface wrote:Digi-Camo FRN anybody? :D
I like that idea. :)
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

i think it'd be cool if spyderco sold customization kits for the screw together knives then you could just change the handle material and have a whole new knife maybe you want half g-10 and half steel or half steel half carbon fiber just a thought
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I totally dig it man! :D
The Wanderer
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Prov. 27:17
Slick

Post by Slick »

VashHash wrote:i think it'd be cool if spyderco sold customization kits for the screw together knives then you could just change the handle material and have a whole new knife maybe you want half g-10 and half steel or half steel half carbon fiber just a thought
I do not see much advantage for Spyderco in this idea. They need to sell knives. Knives with easily interchanged scales would probably sell well to affies but if I could easily mix and match different scales on a model I'd have less need to buy even more knives. It is a great idea but not in Spyderco's best interest.
Not really all that slick ;)
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Slick wrote:I do not see much advantage for Spyderco in this idea. They need to sell knives. Knives with easily interchanged scales would probably sell well to affies but if I could easily mix and match different scales on a model I'd have less need to buy even more knives. It is a great idea but not in Spyderco's best interest.
My thoughts on that idea exactly :o I would love to be able to swap scales on my military or my g10 d4. It would be a cheaper way for me to customize them and have some variation (or at least seemingly) to my carrying. But if Spyderco made that a possibility It would be a while before I bought another military or delica because I could just swap scales for the color I wanted. Perhaps this is why scales don't come with the "repair kits" for the d4....
Vic
krazichinaman

Post by krazichinaman »

I don't think its so much of them not making money on more knives. It would be more along the lines of people not knowning what they are doing and sending in knives that are put together wrong. Think of all the liability issues.....That would open up a whole can of worms that Spyderco would want to avoid.

As Sal or Taz mentioned, just because it has screws doesn't mean it should be taken apart. :rolleyes:

IT sure would be nice though.... ;)
________
MERCEDES-BENZ 300 SLR
________
Adolina cam
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Would be totally cool dude!
The Wanderer
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

krazichinaman wrote:I don't think its so much of them not making money on more knives. It would be more along the lines of people not knowning what they are doing and sending in knives that are put together wrong. Think of all the liability issues.....That would open up a whole can of worms that Spyderco would want to avoid.

As Sal or Taz mentioned, just because it has screws doesn't mean it should be taken apart. :rolleyes:
Plus, dis-assembling voids the warranty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Wanderer wrote:I totally dig it man! :D
Urban-camo plz!
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
BBQ BOY

Post by BBQ BOY »

isn't putting these things back together a royal pain?
Donut

Post by Donut »

hahaha, is anyone sitting on a pile of super glue and a couple days worth of time? :D
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

it really isnt that hard guys. check out wouters lego thread. i did my last one in 10 minutes or so.
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41630
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
brandonreed2008

Post by brandonreed2008 »

that does sound pretty neat :)
War is mostly waiting.
Distorted

Post by Distorted »

I had a white delica and my buddy had a black one...now we both have black and white ones. I came out with the polished clip and the white backspacer though... :)
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

FIMS wrote:Urban-camo plz!
im all for it and would love one of these, well 8 of these to be exact :p but:

how would digi/urban-camo or any camo for that matter work with frn? huh, i think it would look funny or atleast not as vibrant as a flat surface like g-10?
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."