badly finished spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

supermatch38sa wrote:Dear Members:
I apologize for my comments and the color/font size but being insulted by this person just made me mad, specially since everything I´ve got from you and Spyderco have been good things.
Once again I´m very sorry.
Best regards:
JL
Hi Jose,

I'm happy to see your keyboard is working properly again ;)

Shiny footprints, you remember? We all should re-read that thread again sometimes.

Dennis
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

What I don't understand is why people write on a general Spyderco forum and get upset when other people respond in an inflammatory way to an inflammatory post... and then expects Sal to respond in person to their personal knife problem. Sal didn't make this guys knife and has no idea why it isn't perfect; Sal's genius is in knife design. This whole thread is just ridiculous.
Fuglee

Post by Fuglee »

Jay_Ev wrote:All the guy was looking for was some help with an issue and the responses were less than welcoming.
Sorry Jay, I agree with everything you said except that one part.

I just read his first post again and then his subsequent posts. He acts like a rude, petulant child. No one who acts like that deserves our respect or our consideration.

I've been on this forum for over 4 years and it is one of the most welcoming and polite forums on the internet. Every response that he has received has been because he earned it. You really have to be a unique sort of jerk to piss off this entire community with one go.
Blerv

Heinnie Haynes

Post by Blerv »

Let's all assume that Mr. Heinnie is a very valid dealer for Spyderco.

There is a master distributor in the UK which is likely where he gets the knives from. Until Sal validates or denies this, let's assume nothing from the best.

It's good business that way. Reputations burn quicker than they build.

Cheers,

Blerv
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

From the other forum:
anyone got a sign in for the spydie forum who want to stand up for Heinnie's in that thread?

There's comments going around that Heinnie's could be dodgy because they aren't on Spyderco's dealers page. The dealer page for the UK lists Edgar Bros who are the UK distributors, and who I assume Bruce at Heinnies gets all his spydies from.

I'd sign up and do it myself, but I figured that that sort of post would be best coming from someone with some history on the forum instead of from a newbie as their first post?
Back when I was buying Spydies in Germany, my favourite dealer was one that never occured on this list either. **** knows what happened to that bloody box, but the dealer seems to be legit.

Dennis
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I loved sal's response to this guy.
thebestnoobcake

Post by thebestnoobcake »

I love sal's responses to most guys.
I used to NOT like thumbholes. Until I used one.
Just like I didn't like the look of Spyderco knives in general. Until I held one.

-THG
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

I think that a lot of the responses here have been less than welcome. Even if his post might be over dramatizing the issue, give the guy a break-it's up to him whether or not he keeps the knife, and he's perfectly entitled to his opinion. No need to completely alienate him from the community.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Heinnie Haynes is a well known and generally reliable British knife dealer. From what I've read, the only complaints against him are price related. However, just like manufacturers, even the most reputable dealer can make a mistake, so the possibility that a knife may have been damaged by a customer, returned, and resold, while slight, does exist.

Many dealers in this country, both web-based and brick & mortar, buy through distributors but only those purchasing direct from Spyderco show up in their dealer list. I'd be inclined to think overseas dealers have to go through a distributor, so the chances of one appearing on the list would be pretty slim.

In any event, I'd say the OP has shown his true colors very clearly.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
sixheads

Post by sixheads »

Wow guys, this got crazy and i cant belive peeps were droppin F bombs . I now feel sorry for the guy. We are a very good group and maybe we take things a little to personal. I am partley to blam i was one of the first to respond harshly. I appolagized. Remember we must think of Spydercos best intrest first so they can profit and keep making us cool blades.

Wow F bombs crazy.........
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Oh jeez just read the rest of the thread...

One of the reasons that I love this forum is because of its self-moderating nature. Much more so than any other forum I have ever been a part of. Again, a testament to the community. Obviously some tempers have been raised here-and I believe this thread has run its course.

Hope the OP decides to give Spyderco another chance. I hope the rest of this forum will soon return to the wonderful, welcoming place that it usually is.
Noble

Post by Noble »

npueppke wrote:I think that a lot of the responses here have been less than welcome. Even if his post might be over dramatizing the issue, give the guy a break-it's up to him whether or not he keeps the knife, and he's perfectly entitled to his opinion. No need to completely alienate him from the community.
I think that alot of the responses here were appropriate, and some not so. We all love our Spyderco's, nobody wants to hear the ugly side sometimes. That doesnt mean that there is only unicorns and rainbows when buying a knife from spyderco. But even still, the tone of this thread from the poster, right off the bat was very inflammatory and down right trollish. I respect Sal's house rules and like to leave shiny footprints etc... but on the same token, I reserve my right to free speech. The difference is having the class and discipline to know what to say and how to say it. With that said, the poster should have contacted W&R before comming here and trolling the forums.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

My Dream Knife: Paramilitary with FFG H1. GITD G10.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

nitromors wrote:in fact

*Edited* all of you,

i'll get a refund and want nothing to do with this company again,

take my thread down,
ban me,

*Edited* spyderco.
Next time you should try handling things like an adult. Best of luck to you.
sal

Post by sal »

I believe that he feels bad for his reaction and we can probably rise above this and move on.

I made a masteake once.

As I said on the British Blades forum; it's all in the stars. Mars is in Uranus and it causes this. ;)

sal
Noble

Post by Noble »

Just be glad mercury is not in retro :D
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

My Dream Knife: Paramilitary with FFG H1. GITD G10.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

nitromors wrote:*Edited* you patronizing little *Edited*.
Goodness. Please return the knife for a refund and move on if this is where you're at. :confused:
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Edited to say just let this die.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
bdbender

Post by bdbender »

A completely bonkers reaction to a minor problem on the original post, not leading to any constructive solution, followed by anger issues way out of control. Some people never grow up. I say remove the post.
grunt0331

Post by grunt0331 »

this thread has been the most entertaining experience of my day. thank you all very much.

... and to the little boy with the temper, do you kiss your Mum with that mouth?
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Its been pretty funny.

He got a rise out of a few members as do any other internet E-Thugs.

He's a troll.

If it will help, Ill buy his knife and replace the screw on my own.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php