Spyderco Bottle Bottle Opener

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Noble

Post by Noble »

Monkeywrangler wrote:Sounds like a fun idea to me. Not sure the Spyder shape would work well though...
Yeah, im really hoping for a folder
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

My Dream Knife: Paramilitary with FFG H1. GITD G10.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

How about something like this?
[img][IMG]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3225/91121549.th.png[/img][/IMG]

As you can tell, VERY rough mock up.
Come Join Us Click Here
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

Howabout a Spyderco/Hammerman collaboration?!?! :)

This design opens in all orientations left and right handed....Could be adapted to spydie aesthetics quite quickly.....

And it's dead cheap to make!
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
Noble

Post by Noble »

Quattro, that is beautiful. If that folded out of an FRN or G10 handle...... Genius.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

Noble

Post by Noble »

cosmo7809 wrote:How about something like this?
[img][IMG]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3225/91121549.th.png[/img][/IMG]

As you can tell, VERY rough mock up.
Cosmo, I like this idea as well, in the non folder catagory!

D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

I'd expect full screw construction and G10 handles - with steel liners of course. ;)

:p
Noble

Post by Noble »

D1omedes wrote:I'd expect full screw construction and G10 handles - with steel liners of course. ;)

:p

youuuuuuuu :D

Maybe for the 10 aniversary edition!

oregon

Post by oregon »

A opener/folder in H1 sounds like the bomb.

Alternatively, a big metal/H1 (maybe Ti) bug :spyder: , maybe etched, with an opener opening in its body would work. Like this super colorful Beijing Opera traditional mask bottle opener pictured here (photo courtesy of DX): http://www1.dealextreme.com/productimag ... 7611_1.jpg

Making beer here today: Spyderco stout. I'll need openers in a month so... :spyder:

oregon
Hector Castro

Post by Hector Castro »

I dont know why this was not thought of before, but what a great idea. I like this idea Spyderco/Hammerman collaboration. It would need to be H1 with a fold out cork screw and black linen micarta.
Either way... make a spyderco bottle opener, make it bullet proof just like your knives, and I will buy 3 of them. have you all seen This?

I currently have a churchkey in my garage, in the kitchen utility drawer, and on the back patio. You never know where you will end up, after you grab that corona out of the fridge. Gotta have an opener.
whkento

Post by whkento »

Beautiful idea. I'd get a couple... :)
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

quattrokid73 wrote:Image

Howabout a Spyderco/Hammerman collaboration?!?! :)

This design opens in all orientations left and right handed....Could be adapted to spydie aesthetics quite quickly.....

And it's dead cheap to make!
I love these. Have any extras ;)

Just a note, I saw the other bottle openers designed by Adam's classmates and none of them came close to the aesthetic beauty and craftsmanship that his has.
In omnia paratus
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

Perhaps a gentleman's "tool"...

Small blade, corkscrew, bottle opener, nail file...
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
Noble

Post by Noble »

oregon wrote:A opener/folder in H1 sounds like the bomb.

Alternatively, a big metal/H1 (maybe Ti) bug :spyder: , maybe etched, with an opener opening in its body would work. Like this super colorful Beijing Opera traditional mask bottle opener pictured here (photo courtesy of DX): http://www1.dealextreme.com/productimag ... 7611_1.jpg

Making beer here today: Spyderco stout. I'll need openers in a month so... :spyder:

oregon
My spark thanks to you in the other thread. :D

defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I like the bug and Hammerman ideas.

The Firebyrd is one big bad bottle opener.. that sucker is one solid chunk of steel, and I have no doubt that I could use it to hammer nails (or smash bad people's hands) in a pinch.

I'm thinking I might just have to get a Harp, too - I didn't realize that it had both bottle opener and corkscrew functions on it. on the sale mentioned in another thread, it looked like a great deal.

Due to there already being 2 bottle openers in the Byrd lineup, I don't know how realistic it would be to see a Spyderco opener, but I would definitely buy one if the price could be kept fairly low. The firebyrd and Harp are both amazing deals for what they are, IMO - but I would gladly spend the money on having a bug-themed opener. Seems the bug-shaped one could be done fairly inexpensively. I would like to see a corkscrew and a small blade (like a wine/beer tool) if it were my call.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Noble

Post by Noble »

Now i gotta start thinking of names. Hopefully someone at Spyderco is watching!

oregon

Post by oregon »

Noble wrote:Now i gotta start thinking of names.
Call it the "Noble" opener. Your smiling face could be lasered onto its surface. :D

You should consider pursuing this whether or not Spyderco does.

oregon
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

The Gerber Artifact is a hugely popular tool and very handy.

They could sell a spyder shaped bottle opener/pry bar/screw driver quite easily in this market. The cheap steel ones sell for $8-15 and the trendy ones sell for upwards of $60.

I like H1 more than CMP-S30v like some other makers use.
Ben_1323

Post by Ben_1323 »

The perfect thing for me would be a Ladybug Salt, black, with the Wave opener that could be used for opening bottles as well as fast deployment.

Edit: And it doesn't have to be the Salt. I'd be happy with the regular Ladybug in VG-10. But if I'm going to attach something to my keychain, it has to have more function than just a bottle opener. That's why the Ladybug would be perfect. It would be a knife as well as a bottle opener.
Noble

Post by Noble »

oregon wrote:Call it the "Noble" opener. Your smiling face could be lasered onto its surface. :D

You should consider pursuing this whether or not Spyderco does.

oregon
My smiling face would make the bottles open themselves out of fear!

Noble

Post by Noble »

Wish Golden would chime in and entertain this idea. Yay or Nay, just curious to know if theyd consider it.