Post your (physical) desktop

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
dedguy

Post your (physical) desktop

Post by dedguy »

Just got a new iMac to replace the macMini I've had for the last year or so. The Mini just wasn't doing it for the sorts of things I do (Illustrator/Photoshop). I both love and kinda don't like the glossy screen. It's the same sort of glass as on the iPhone (I think) and really improves the look of the LCD. Only problem is it's glossy so it has a bit of glare. Not a huge deal but worth mentioning.

Feel free t post your work/home/whatever desktop/work area too.

The the empty area to the right of the iMac is where my 20" Samsung LCD should go... but the **** defective stand finally broke. Samsung, btw is great to deal with, they're sending me a new stand. My monitor (which is also a year old) is apparently covered under full warranty till 2010.

This is what I did with my Mini. Right now connected to a crappy 25" CRT but will be replaced with a decent LCD soon. I've had the **** CRT since I was like 18... so almost 10 years.

"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

This is my setup from sophmore year of college. I was doing a lot of digital art, mainly consisting of video. If you look closely, you can see a red Ladybug on my keychain :cool:

I will get a picture of my office here at design school some time this week.

http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Nice setups, guys. Don't have my camera w/me at the moment, so I'll just describe mine...bought a 23" Apple Cinema display this week, then found out it needs an adapter since I'm connecting it to a very ancient Mac, the Quicksilver G4 800 MHz.

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

Yeah you probably need a VGA-DVI adapter or something right? Just an FYI, if you're running VGA into that Cinema Display it ain't going to be pretty.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Dude I'm gonna have to clean up my desk before I post a pic. Right now I have so much paperwork lying around it looks silly. I do a lot of work there.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

dedguy wrote:Yeah you probably need a VGA-DVI adapter or something right? Just an FYI, if you're running VGA into that Cinema Display it ain't going to be pretty.
I had upgraded my video card a while back, so luckily in addition to the VGA port it also has an ADC port, which is digital...so I ordered an ADC-to-VGI adapter...I called the vendor and they said the picture quality should be fine, I hope they're right... :eek:

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
Freemind

desktop

Post by Freemind »

Here's mine.
Attachments
Desktop.JPG
Desktop.JPG (70.28 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
Vicarious Reality

ITT: Rich People

Post by Vicarious Reality »

Not very pretty, but it's cozy.
Took so many pix mostly just to show off me knifes. :p
Dem tings be mine:
PE blue Yojimbo ~ PE blue Dodo ~ ZDP PE Delica ~ s30v Native ~ Military ~ Aus Dragonfly ~ Endura4 ~ Yellow Salt 1 ~ Yellow Pacific Salt ~ 3 byrds and a lot of Cold Steel, Benchmade, Glock, Mora, KA-BAR, Kanetsune, SOG, CRKT, Schrade and misc. crap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

This is my workspace when at work. A bit more... messy, probably because I spend more time at work than at home.

dedguy.net
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

Finally got my replacement stand for my second display at home. I really wish I could work from home. I like my setup here better now.

dedguy.net
Tank

Post by Tank »

Here is where I spend my days. sorry for the crappy phone picture.
-John
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

Computer desk in my room:

Opposite my computer desk is my work desk, but it is pretty boring. I mainly use a computer (Dell XPS 710) for gaming. Mouse is a Logitech G5, keyboard is a Logitech DiNovo Edge.

So..anyone wanna play Unreal Tournament 3? :D
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

Tank wrote:Here is where I spend my days. sorry for the crappy phone picture.
I just noticed you have some McF Dragons on your desk. I do as well.. although they're on the front of my work desk behind my displays so you can't really see 'em.
dedguy.net
Tank

Post by Tank »

I can see the tail of one on your desk, I have a few more that are usually on my desk but the company was about to go under so I took them all home,, slowly bringing them back.. Also have a couple fo MCF predators...
-John
slick228

Post by slick228 »

Everyone’s desk is so neat! I need help…

:spyder:
Spyderco knife collector on a “Q” quest! :spyder: Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! :D
WTC #1520