New Spyders; very impressed

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dantecubit

New Spyders; very impressed

Post by dantecubit »

Okay, so for the most part, I've sat back and looked at all you people who drop 100s of dollars at once on knives and said to myself, "That'll never be me." I own several Spydercos but never really gotten into the serious buying. The other day I received a package which will probably be the first of many and which will blow my money-saving ways out of the water. I received a Scorpius, D'Allara sheepsfoot, Endura wave and several t-shirts. All I can say is, "Wow!" The Endura wave is very cool and very, very fast. I can imagine a waved sheepsfoot blade would come in very handy in an emergency situation where every second counts, so I will probably be adding the Rescue Wave to my list. The Scorpius is very nice also; seems like an excellent dress knife as the bit that protrudes from the pocket is very classy. May have to add a few SS knives to my list. And the ball bearing lock-- AWESOME! So smooth, fast and strong. This is my new favorite lock. I will probably have to secure a Dodo and possibly a D'Allara drop point. All in all, I'm looking at several hundred more dollars in the next little while. So thank you, everyone, for encouraging my knife buying with all your gushing praise of Spydercos. Although every bit of it is deserved, my wallet will be a lot lighter.
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: I scrimp and save and wear cheap clothes and learned to cook instead of eating out but a few times a year (as a bonus I can now cook better and cheaper than any restaurant I could afford) and stopped collecting smoking pipes, movies and music so I can collect my spydies. We all make choices in life. I don't regret mine! ;) :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

dantecubit wrote:Okay, so for the most part, I've sat back and looked at all you people who drop 100s of dollars at once on knives and said to myself, "That'll never be me."
dantecubit, wait till the ebay bug SpyderBytes you...if it hasn't already... ;)

And as for the Dodo, those aren't easy to come by! It took me a long time to finally find one!

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: Excellent dude...I'm glad to have had the honor, and privalige to be a part of the Spyderco forums, and be a die hard Spyderco fan, and collector since 1994! Trust me, no matter what you choose, or how much you spend, you will be happy, and so will your pocket...The weight, design, and feel of the Spyder in your pocket will surely make up for weight lost in you other!
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!