SUBCOM arrived... and a few things learned

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

Post by 224477 »

I just have an idea!

In case the will make a SubCom for the marine use, like Spyderco Salts, then the name could be:

SubMarine :cool:

I think Boker would use X15TN instead of H1..
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

224477 wrote:I just have an idea!

In case the will make a SubCom for the marine use, like Spyderco Salts, then the name could be:

SubMarine :cool:

I think Boker would use X15TN instead of H1..
I like this idea :cool:
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

[quote="uhiforgot"]CONGRATS! It's worth every second of that waiting time ]
thanks for the tips!

and i don't use money clips, so no worries there -- this will be a pure user. can't wait!
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

smcfalls13 wrote:You mean this guy? ]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c43/s ... -eater.jpg[/IMG]

Aloha Scott,

I...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHhhHhHhhHhHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhHHHH!!!!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Harry White wrote:thanks for the tips!

and i don't use money clips, so no worries there -- this will be a pure user. can't wait!
Aloha Harry White,

Thanks a lot sir! Please keep us informed! Be advised, the clip tension is HIGH...so ya may have to tweak it a bit. :o

God bless and take care :cool:

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

DAYWALKER wrote:Thanks a lot sir! Please keep us informed! Be advised, the clip tension is HIGH...so ya may have to tweak it a bit. :o
Not on the new Desert Tan Subcom. Boker must have adjusted it a little bit. It's much easier to clip now, but still VERY secure.
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
oregon

Post by oregon »

Rec'd my burnt biscuit today. Delighted with it! AUS8 and FRN (too slick to the touch to be G10, I think). Thank you forum members for the recco and thank you Bladematrix and Boker. Mini framelock, great lockup, lined on the FRN side, terrific fit and finish + sharp enough to cut the mustard.

The pressure of the pocket clip could turn carbon into diamonds. Can't imagine it coming off my pocket rim by accident. Might just make a serviceable money clip. Now where did I put that horse choking wad of hundreds?

Overall: not your father's Boker. Very smart move enlisting Chad Los Banos to inject some life into your product line. WTG :D :D :D :D :D

Best,

oregon
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

oregon wrote:Rec'd my burnt biscuit today. Delighted with it! AUS8 and FRN (too slick to the touch to be G10, I think). Thank you forum members for the recco and thank you Bladematrix and Boker. Mini framelock, great lockup, lined on the FRN side, terrific fit and finish + sharp enough to cut the mustard.

The pressure of the pocket clip could turn carbon into diamonds. Can't imagine it coming off my pocket rim by accident. Might just make a serviceable money clip. Now where did I put that horse choking wad of hundreds?

Overall: not your father's Boker. Very smart move enlisting Chad Los Banos to inject some life into your product line. WTG :D :D :D :D :D

Best,

oregon

Aloha oregon,

Mahalo much, and sorry about that darn clip tension. FWIW, the SF makes a great money clip...clip tension works for me since I don't have THAT much money for it to clip to! :o

Enjoy though, and keep us posted please.

God bless and thanks :cool:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

smcfalls13 wrote:Not on the new Desert Tan Subcom. Boker must have adjusted it a little bit. It's much easier to clip now, but still VERY secure.
Aloha Scott,

Hmmmmmm, I dunno knifebro...I got that "Honey Biscuit" also, and the clip tension feels like them Gen2 version SF's. Oh...wait...I know why...picture this:

Terry: "Who's this order for? Scott?!! The guy who keeps pressuring me for the SFB release date? #$@*&%!!...where's that Torx...let's just "adjust" HIS clip tension a "bit". (Add fading insane laughter here. :p ) LOL!!! Just kidding bro.

God bless and mahalo :)

Harry White

Post by Harry White »

WOW!

I love my Subcom! Got the black FRN, PE version in AUS-8. Much sturdier that I expected. Very sharp out of the box, even sharper after a quick stropping on my new leather strop. Solid lockup. Great ergos. Top-notch fit and finish. Could not be more happier with it. Thank you Daywalker -- excellent design!

Question -- when did Boker put the "Boker Plus" logo on the blade? I've seen some pics without it. Is that the older model?

I began whittling with it as soon as I got it -- my front porch is covered in wood shavings. It cuts like a dream! Great blade control.

And then I dropped my new Subcom on the concrete floor in my garage. Oh noooooooo! :eek: Thought it was ruined....

Not a scratch on it! :D I was so happy!

For the price, I can't imagine anyone not happy with this knife. Highly recommended.
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Harry White wrote:WOW!

I love my Subcom! Got the black FRN, PE version in AUS-8. Much sturdier that I expected. Very sharp out of the box, even sharper after a quick stropping on my new leather strop. Solid lockup. Great ergos. Top-notch fit and finish. Could not be more happier with it. Thank you Daywalker -- excellent design!

Question -- when did Boker put the "Boker Plus" logo on the blade? I've seen some pics without it. Is that the older model?

I began whittling with it as soon as I got it -- my front porch is covered in wood shavings. It cuts like a dream! Great blade control.

And then I dropped my new Subcom on the concrete floor in my garage. Oh noooooooo! :eek: Thought it was ruined....

Not a scratch on it! :D I was so happy!

For the price, I can't imagine anyone not happy with this knife. Highly recommended.

Aloha Harry,

Hey mahalo my friend! Thanks for your kind words and great support! Um...the addition of the Boker Plus logo just recently happened. The SF's w/o it are either the 1st or 2nd Gen versions. You actually have a 3rd Gen version that I do not have yet! :o IF yours does not have texturing on the framelock bar, it is a true 3rd Gen...I have only *heard* of the 4th Gen, which is the same as yours except it has fine texturing on the lockbar to ease unlocking. Cripes...could you follow that? :o :D

Thanks again, and no worries about dropping that lil' bugger...main thing it don't hit tip first, it'll be okay. Hope you adjusted the clip tension, and sorry about that.

God bless and keep us posted :)

bk1

Post by bk1 »

Double WOW!
I have my Buscuit for 2 months now and it has all been said before--I love it.
So much so that I ordered a Honey Buscuit yesterday from the Knife Center and got it today. :D
This one is razor sharp right out of the box.
Thanks Daywalker for designing such Great knives.
Any chance of a Blue Buscuit-- a Blue Meanie?
:)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

bk1 wrote:Double WOW!
I have my Buscuit for 2 months now and it has all been said before--I love it.
So much so that I ordered a Honey Buscuit yesterday from the Knife Center and got it today. :D
This one is razor sharp right out of the box.
Thanks Daywalker for designing such Great knives.
Any chance of a Blue Buscuit-- a Blue Meanie?
:)
Aloha bk1,

Howzit my friend! Thanks for YOUR kind words as well...and um, it's not that I designed a "great knife"...the credit goes to God and all the GREAT people who are buying them! ;)

Hmmmmmm, no. No "Blue Meanie"! :eek: However, a "Blueberry Biscuit" is possible! :D

Man alive...that Dialex really started something nicknaming the SF the "Biscuit", huh? :rolleyes: :D

God bless and see you later :)

bk1

Post by bk1 »

Aloha Daywalker.
After giving some thought I agree-no Blue Meanie.
But a Blueberry Biscuit would taste real good.
God Bless!
Bill