LFI & Gunting combo Seminar

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BRAM

LFI & Gunting combo Seminar

Post by BRAM »

I just talked with Massad Ayoob and he and I are working on a joint LFI- Lethal Force Institute & MBC-GUNTING seminar for after the first of the year here in Florida.Its WARM here while most of the good ole USA is cold...

We'd do the whole force continuum and how each of our MBC Knives can be used within that continuum.

The LFI curiculumn would be a basic version of his Level #1...an official intro..

Same with the GUNTING/DRONE..

we're still in the discussion stages of what we might want to "officially " do -teach...

We'd like to do a series of these type of combo seminars around the country...

Just thought I'd see if there's any interest out here in MBC-Spydie land...

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July...

Edited by - BRAM on 7/6/2001 7:19:05 PM
ronin203

Post by ronin203 »

Sound's great Bram, can you give any more info?
fannin

Post by fannin »

Bram,
That would truely be a great seminar. I think there would be a lot of synergy combining the two. My worry would be the cost of combining the two. But I have an idea. Since M.Janich has fired the first shot of discounted training you guys could come up with a sweet deal. Sort of like when the airlines have fare wars. Well its a thought....;}

This Spyder Bytes!!!
sks

Post by sks »

Bram,

Sounds great! I've been waiting for this. Any chance of Mr. Ayoob and Spyderco developing an "official" Spyderco/MBC Use of Force/Self Defense manual.

I think it would be good to present to Law Enforcement administration when promoting the program(s).

Many people would prefer you shot a BG trying to kill you rather than cutting him. Politically correct hogwash, IMHO.

Collectively, I hope we can change the perception of some people.

Steve

Edited by - SKS on 7/6/2001 5:56:18 PM
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

I was just with "BoBo" DeBethencourt ( Head Edged Tools Instructor @ SIG Arms Academy)...We talked of this and he and I will talk to MAS about putting together an "official" or "unoffical " Force Continuum for MBC and its use..
MAS is very impressed with Guntings ability to flow from each level and that MBC with Mike Janich teaching @ the MBC-Spyderco school is teaching flow from Non to less to lethal..the full spectrum..

Yes.. I know nothing of its kind really exists and I have done lots of prep work-research for it that we will incorporate into the Continuum.
again..yes..shooting is seen as a clean alternative to Edged tool usage,even if its not possible in real time situations.

I am in progress of writing a full program to allow Departmental usage & full policy of usage of Edged Tools for LEO...
because non exists anywhere...

I will let all of you know as Mas and I finalize seminar times for LFI-Gunting seminars
blilious

Post by blilious »

Bram!
as I told you before - this sound VERY interesting. count me in (for the Israel tour...)
blilious

Post by blilious »

Edited by - admin on 7/23/2001 10:39:09 AM
blilious

Post by blilious »

Edited by - admin on 7/23/2001 10:39:44 AM
blilious

Post by blilious »

Gadi seems to love multipul postings...ROFL

Edited by - admin on 7/23/2001 10:40:31 AM
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

I just talked to BoBo & Mas..We are looking @ a couple of dates for the fall up in New England and maybe one date over @ SIG Arms Academy as well as the two @ LFI...
so hold on to your hats..this show is just starting to go on stage!!!
Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Bram,

Are we talking about this fall. Any more details would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike