Subcom carry-clip or no clip?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bk1

Subcom carry-clip or no clip?

Post by bk1 »

Greetings,
I am anxiously awaiting my new SF-should be here tomorrow. Wondering how you all carry it? With or without clip?
This is the first non :spyder: but it's because of all the great reviews here and at that other site--I had to get one
:D
B
ront

Post by ront »

I just carry mine in my pocket with the clip left on it. It is a great little knife!! I hope you like yours as much as I like mine :) . I need another one with the AUS 8 blade.

Ron
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Clipless on the keys. Would make for a nice impact weapon too. Hold SUBCOM, swing keys, hit bad guy. Laugh. Run like heck. Repeat as necessary. :cool:
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
potterma

Post by potterma »

Clipless, currently. I carry my SF in my back left pocket, so taking the clip off relieves some irritation... (or is that rear-itation?)
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

I find I like my SF best clipless, it really disappears in the pocket.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

usually as a money clip, sometimes I just toss a small beaded chain on it and put it with the keys... it's a remote ;) ;)
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

clipped to pocket, it will never move w/out my permission. The clip is quite strong.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I have clipped it everywear.....including my underware :eek: ...but now it's sitting in my watch pocket clip not in use......but attached...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
dialex

Post by dialex »

I left my Biscuit with its clip, but I switched it for tip down carry. I also attached to the lanyard hole one of those things they use for carying cellphones around your neck, like a necklace with a detachable part. It's simple to deploy and pretty safe.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
bk1

Post by bk1 »

potterma wrote:Clipless, currently. I carry my SF in my back left pocket, so taking the clip off relieves some irritation... (or is that rear-itation?)

Got my SF Saturday and all I can say is WOW! All you experts out there have already given this knife the incredible reviews that is desires.
Definately don't want to get "rear-itation". But still may leave clip on for a while.
Probably should get another one so that I can have it both ways :D
B
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Use my SF as a money clip, so the clip, while in almost constant use, is never clipped to my clothing.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bk1

Post by bk1 »

The Deacon wrote:Use my SF as a money clip, so the clip, while in almost constant use, is never clipped to my clothing.
Hi Deacon,
Do you use the clip for leverage when opening the knife?
B
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

bk1 wrote:Hi Deacon,
Do you use the clip for leverage when opening the knife?
B
No, I'm left handed, so the clip is on the wrong side for that. On the bright side, the scale on the left side gives much better traction than a right handed person would have without the clip.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

The Deacon wrote:No, I'm left handed, so the clip is on the wrong side for that. On the bright side, the scale on the left side gives much better traction than a right handed person would have without the clip.
This is true...I can open the SF a bit easier, just a bit, with my left than with my right due to what the Deac' said. :o

The AUS8 version has a longer clip and it should have been even longer IMHO...however, it does increase leverage for opening. Dr. snubnose claims the short clipped, 1st Gen version works fine, but then again, he's not "mortal" and can do a LOT of things us "normal folk" can't when it comes to knives...even spoons for that matter!!! :D

God bless and take care :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)