ZDP Delica??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ront

ZDP Delica??

Post by ront »

I am really feeling sad on this one. I am afraid that I may not get a ZDP Delica. I have waited and I am not sure where any are. Does anyone know of any place that still has any for sale?

Thanks, Ron
Ted

Post by Ted »

Ebay, $169 - buy-it-now - I'm pretty sure the Buy-It-Now price will drop close to $100 in a couple of weeks since nobody is buying them for this price, then when it's really 'sold out', it will go up again.
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

NKG had some but are now out of stock :(
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
Edro

Post by Edro »

rcbalt2 wrote:NKG had some but are now out of stock :(
There's a waiting list of like 100+. I read a previous post that they only received 15 pieces a day or two ago. :(
Cameron23

Post by Cameron23 »

Kristi posted that the ones that went out (sold out) already were the first batch. The second batch has yet to ship and will be doing so shortly so I'd try my luck with those if anyone is taking a genuine list for reservations...just make some calls to the bigger resellers (NGK, Knifecenter, etc.)

Good luck! :)

C :spyder:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
-Abraham Lincoln,
rs2

Post by rs2 »

Hi Ron,

I just got mine from Knife Center. I ordered it on Monday and it arrived via UPS Ground on Thursday. They appear to be out right now but say they are expecting more. I would give them a phone call, and call Mary Beth at NGK also.

Good luck!
Ron
aka RSS1911
ront

Post by ront »

I am on the list at NGK. But I am afraid that I am a good ways down that list :( .
Thanks for the help guys.

Ron
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Good luck on your hunt! Still, I can't help but wonder with all this ZDP excitement and surely brisk sales, that a regular ZDP production model must be high on Sal's wishlist? :rolleyes:

C'mon Hitachi give us more ZDP!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
Patriot

Post by Patriot »

I REALLY wanted a ZDP Delica since I first heard of the Sprint Run in '05. Unfortunately - being fairly new to :spyder: collecting - I vastly :eek: underestimated the demand for this model, failing to secure one before the deluge of pre & back orders. With these type of prices I simply can't justify purchasing a ZDP Delica right now, and my chances of getting one via normal retail appear to be rapidly diminishing. :(
-Patriot

"Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone." -- Frederic Bastiat
Rogcohen

Post by Rogcohen »

Don't give up hope! I ordered mine from Total Outdoorsman on Monday and it got here today :) Still more to be shipped. If you can't get it through the big retailers, try browsing through some of the smaller ones. Total Outdoorsman was excellent to me.
R
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

The Knife Center of the Internet had some, but said that they were going to get more. You CAN try them. Here is a link: http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store ... s=sp11pble
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

Check your PMs Ron... ;)
Rock
ront

Post by ront »

Thanks everyone. I am looking. Nothing yet.

Ron
TheKnifeCollector

I might add, I still haven't received the ones I pre-ordered either.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

Geeze ... that first batch went like hotcakes. Guess I should have preordered. :(
Steve
TheKnifeCollector

i still have NOT received my PRE-ORDERED ZDP Delica's!!!
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

Yeah me neither, but I am not real worried about it. Either I get the one I pre-ordered or I learned not to trust this E-Tailer. The price will come way down on the e-bayau soon enough.
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
ronin203

Post by ronin203 »

There is a sporting goods store here selling them for a really good price. ;) :spyder:
if you find yourself in a fair fight, you did'nt prepare well enough. .." Hock Hochiem"..:spyder: " An object at rest cannot be stopped". The evil bomber what bombs at midnight. ;) :spyder: :spyder:
The General

Post by The General »

I have asked my regular dealer to get me one of these! Now I am praying!
My real name is Wayne :D
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I personnaly think the knifecenter is the best place to buy knives, everything is always the newest and they are good with returns.