Disappointment

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rogcohen

Disappointment

Post by Rogcohen »

Had an email last week that my new D'Allara drop point combo edge was shipped, and I was sure it was going to be delivered today. Long crappy day at work, thinking about playing with my first ball bearing lock, then get home and remember it's Presidents Day! On the plus side, I have something to look forward to tomorrow :rolleyes:

Just wanted to rant...
Roger
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

I know the feeling, I always seem to have things en route that should be delivered on holidays where no one but the post office has off. :o
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
raven

Post by raven »

Hey Rogcohen, Keep Your Chin Up ;) . Not to much longer, and You'll have the Goods In Hand. Take Good Care and Enjoy the New Addition.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
markg

Post by markg »

When I got my Yojimbo that happened too... Was expecting it, and forgot it was to be delivered on Vetrans' Day...

But take heart... You get another day of excitement! :)
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

It could be worse it could be schedudled to be delivered on the one day of the week when your wife will be home from work. Its always easier ease them into the collection, then having her sign for them. :rolleyes:
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
STR

Post by STR »

It seems that way to me a lot also. Everything gets here in two days usually until it something I really want and then of course it takes a week.
That Murphy guy knew what he was talking about.

STR
It is not necessary to do extraordinary things in life but only to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.

STR's Blog
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I work a "compressed" work week and have every Monday off. Was on my way to the Post Office, pulled into Dunkin Donuts, found ten cars in front of me in the line for the drive-thru and thought, "geez, you'd think it was a hol..... Oh crap, it is!" :o
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Yep, me too. I was looking for an E4 and a Passaround Sebbie at lunch yesterday. Needless to say they weren't there. :rolleyes:
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

I hear you on this one. My Delica 4 and Centofante 4 are scheduled to arrive either today or tomorrow (here's hopin'.....). I have been waiting for what seems forever (well.....10 days is Forever when you are waiting, right.... :) ) I have to leave to compete in an 8-ball tournament in Edmonton Thursday a.m. and it would sure be nice to have them for the trip up. On the upside, though, UPS is going to deliver my SOG/Paladin PT-510 and a titanium case 1 GB USB memory drive (toys....it's all about the toys... :) ) But those aren't Spydies either.... :(

- gord
Plowboy

Post by Plowboy »

Civilian wrote:It could be worse it could be schedudled to be delivered on the one day of the week when your wife will be home from work. Its always easier ease them into the collection, then having her sign for them. :rolleyes:

Hmm, don't we all know about easing knives into the collection. Funny how some wives behave about our toys. :)
If you carry either a knife or firearm, please abide by the law and be respectful. We all represent each other.

Let's unite to preserve and expand our legal rights. Please join:

KnifeRights (http://www.kniferights.org) and NRA (http://www.nra.org)

:)
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Rogcohen,
I hope they show up today for you. Mine actually were delivered yesterday (UPS at my work). I got my apple coral, 2 delica 4's, bm mite 2, byrd raven and a harp tool (for my first aid kit). One reason I get them at work is my wife would probably start buying MORE for herself if she saw all these boxes for me :eek:
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Simple Man wrote:Yep, me too. I was looking for an E4 and a Passaround Sebbie at lunch yesterday. Needless to say they weren't there. :rolleyes:
They're here, they're here. Or actually uhm, there. Wife just called and said they both arrived. I just have to wait 'til tonight to play with them. She doesn't care what I get as long as I use my own discretionary funds. :D
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
deeker

Post by deeker »

Gettting stuff sent to work out of necessity (we both work so some days no one is home to receive packages) or to 'ease knives/toys into the collection' :o makes the work days more interesting, too.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I can relate to that frustration, don't these delivery services know we have a schedule, and a detailed plan to fill out our collections!? :D

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

The waiting is the worst part!! I DO feel your pain!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Rogcohen

Post by Rogcohen »

Simple Man wrote:They're here, they're here. Or actually uhm, there. Wife just called and said they both arrived. I just have to wait 'til tonight to play with them. She doesn't care what I get as long as I use my own discretionary funds. :D
Congrats Simple Man. My D'Allara was waiting for me patiently when I got home :) Been doing a bit of experimenting... So far so good (this is a SOLID knife). Not entirely sold on the ball bearing lock yet, but I actually really like the FRN handle and I decided to take it to a coke can. I actually felt sorry for the can. Know I'm waiting for my Calypso Jr Burgundy ZDP :D
Roger
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

Congrats on the D'Allara!! I personally LOVE the ball bearing lock. Wait until you get the burgundy Calypso, Jr. You are gonna LOVE the Calypso, Jr.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Rogcohen

Post by Rogcohen »

Thx. I've been playing some more, and this knife is quickly growing on me. I like functionality, and this knife is tough, cuts well and really fits in my hand.
Roger
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

Glad you like the D'Allara DP Roger! I got a plain edge one and am way impressed by rugged / solid construction and the FRN texturing provides excellent grip! :cool:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

The Deacon wrote:I work a "compressed" work week and have every Monday off. Was on my way to the Post Office, pulled into Dunkin Donuts, found ten cars in front of me in the line for the drive-thru and thought, "geez, you'd think it was a hol..... Oh crap, it is!" :o
LOL!!! Ya crack me up Deac'! :p :D

Aloha and welcome Rogcohen,

Congrats on the DA Drop point...looks like a great knife.
I want one too! :o ;)

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)