SE performance is more than simply teeth vs no teeth.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydutch

Re: SE performance is more than simply teeth vs no teeth.

Post by spydutch »

David, you really made my Sunday with this post. I haven't been over here since ages only to find this gem.
As a full serrations nut since 2005, I very much appreciate this.
I had a plan to make one of these post myself but you did a better job than I ever could since I can't post pics anymore on this forum (photobucket broke down for me)
Nice to see I'm not the only one with those wavy serrations on my Salts. It sure was a labour of love, but very well worth it.
Thanks man!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

spydutch wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 11:10 am
David, you really made my Sunday with this post. I haven't been over here since ages only to find this gem.
I had a plan to make one of these post myself but you did a better job than I ever could since I can't post pics anymore on this forum (photobucket broke down for me)
Nice to see I'm not the only one with those wavy serrations on my Salts. It sure was a labour of love, but very well worth it.
Thanks man!

Here viewtopic.php?p=1332284#p1332284 is shown how you easily can post pics
... and yes, Davids thread is great and serrations are too ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 10:47 pm
spydutch wrote:
Thanks man!

Wartstein my friend serrations are functionally excellent. I prefer combo edges.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

David hello friend. What is your opinion of knife makers cutting serrations onto the top half of a knife blade rather than the bottom half? Would that improve cutting performance?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 10:47 pm
spydutch wrote:

Wartstein my friend serrations are functionally excellent. I prefer combo edges.

SEF, my friend, so you´re back?! That´s good!! :grin-big eyes :clinking-mugs

/ Actually my ffg comboedge Endura ("thin red line") really made me appreciate comboedges again! Very useful indeed. Though I think at the end of the day I still prefer full SE with that short (but not TOO short) PE section towards the tip.

Just lately though I came across a task where PE is actually clearly superior over PE: Had to scrape some sticky residue from a wooden surface - no way SE could do that sufficiently (same goes for scraping resin of dwarf mountain pines from my palms - sometimes one has to grab that shrubs when climbing, cause they cover all of the rock at some patches).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)