Out Of Production Fixed Blade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Scandi Grind

Out Of Production Fixed Blade

Post by Scandi Grind »

I remember seeing a picture of a really cool Spyderco fixed blade on here once, it is a knife that I know is no longer in production. It was a midsized blade, micarta handle, I remember Sal commenting that it was intended to be full on custom quality knife. I was trying to search for a picture of it here, but can't for the life of me remember what the model was called.

Anyone know what knife I might be thinking of?
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man."

-- Old Norse proverb
Tristan_david2001

Re: Out Of Production Fixed Blade

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

Can you remember any more defining features ?
My mind thought of the micarta street beat Perrin collaboration knife
:bug-red-white
rangefinder

Post by rangefinder »

This shows all the current production and many out of production fixed blades:

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/category/fixed-blades

This should at least have text info on all fixed blades, including all out of production models:

https://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php/Spyderco_FB-SKUs
benben

Post by benben »

For some reason the Bushcraft and the Proficient come to mind, don’t thick either had Micarta though?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

-Nick :bug-red
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Sprig :open-grin

Edit : Sorry, did not see the micarta detail. There's the Jerry Hossom series or Bob lum Tanto,
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Scandi Grind

Post by Scandi Grind »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:23 am

Temperance 2

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... ance-2/404
Mmmm, the Temperance, that is the one! Thanks for the help folks.

I have been considering an upgrade to my current edc fixed blade and I had really liked the look of this knife. I was more interested in the shape really, which I had remembered liking, than I am in actually trying to get one, but I really wanted to see it again.
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man."

-- Old Norse proverb
Matt Deaner

Post by Matt Deaner »

The temperance 2 is a wonderful knife. My favorite knife ever. I have 3 of them.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I did get the privilege to test drive a TEMP 2 once upon a time thanks to a great Spyder-Brother. And I do hope some day that I can snag one at some point. But I must say that it's predecessor the TEMPERANCE 1 model is to this day my favorite Spyderco fixed blade up till now. The two TEMP 1 models that I own and use get a ton of usage throughout a typical year.

Not exactly sure which Spyderco fixed blade the OP is referring to but I would dearly love a Sprint run of the TEMP 1. I've said on several posts that to make a TEMP 1 in PE & SE and do a Salt Version for a Sprint Run would be a dream come true for many of us devoted Forumites. Not to mention it would have the possibility of becoming a super selling but yet affordable outdoor blade.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:26 am
I did get the privilege to test drive a TEMP 2 once upon a time thanks to a great Spyder-Brother. And I do hope some day that I can snag one at some point. But I must say that it's predecessor the TEMPERANCE 1 model is to this day my favorite Spyderco fixed blade up till now. The two TEMP 1 models that I own and use get a ton of usage throughout a typical year.

Not exactly sure which Spyderco fixed blade the OP is referring to but I would dearly love a Sprint run of the TEMP 1. I've said on several posts that to make a TEMP 1 in PE & SE and do a Salt Version for a Sprint Run would be a dream come true for many of us devoted Forumites. Not to mention it would have the possibility of becoming a super selling but yet affordable outdoor blade.
I’d take either of these as a sprint in a heartbeat, especially in SE or combo edge. I’ve gotta say though, the Jumpmaster 2 is the new bar by which I measure knives and it is an extremely high one to beat.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE