The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by MacLaren »

FYi,
Anyone interested, I found an ammo dealer, HD Tactical that has a good selection & price and only $9.99 shipping & that includes if you only want 1 box of shells -
I bought a box of Federal Terminal Ascent & the shipping was only $9.99 via FedEx & weekend delivery- I bought it Wednesday and received it this Saturday.
Ammo shipped out of Texas. Fort Worth if not mistaken.
HD Tactical seems like a good outfit.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Thanks for the tip.

Speaking of tips, back in the day
U.S. Army 30-06 ammo with black tips
was armor piercing.
In case it comes up at a cocktail party.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:28 am
Thanks for the tip.

Speaking of tips, back in the day
U.S. Army 30-06 ammo with black tips
was armor piercing.
In case it comes up at a cocktail party.
Yes sir, I've heard about that. 😎
max808

Post by max808 »

Greetings, please don't enable me into reading this epic thread in its entirety, cuz I will! Has anyone tried & tested the Glock 47 and would anyone be willing to share their opinion on here? Full disclosure, I'm getting my license just to get my hands on one. Does it come in a 47L?
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Why do you need a license to buy a pistol?
Where are you?

There are no reviews for the Glock 47 on this thread.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
max808

Post by max808 »

Hi Mac, I'm in Old Europe which is severely restricted when it comes to firearms licensing. Getting a sports license takes about a year and a couple grand and needs the governor's personal signature to be validated.
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Good luck with that.
JestersHK

Post by JestersHK »

I did a retro Larue Tactical build after I got a good deal on a Larue lower. I did go with a PredATAR barrel instead of the traditional stealth barrel to save some weight. Balances pretty good, finding all the older parts was fun, but spendy, and I run quad rails on pretty much all working guns. That 13.2 rail is looong.

Upper assembly was a pain as my suppressor mount didn't clear the inside of the rail after I had already cranked it down... other than that the fit and finish are way above par with this one.
Attachments
20240423_211934.jpg
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JestersHK wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:06 pm
I did a retro Larue Tactical build after I got a good deal on a Larue lower. I did go with a PredATAR barrel instead of the traditional stealth barrel to save some weight. Balances pretty good, finding all the older parts was fun, but spendy, and I run quad rails on pretty much all working guns. That 13.2 rail is looong.

Upper assembly was a pain as my suppressor mount didn't clear the inside of the rail after I had already cranked it down... other than that the fit and finish are way above par with this one.
Yeah man, congratulations!
That's super nice 😎
Btw, what trigger did you go with?
JestersHK

Post by JestersHK »

Thanks, It has the Larue MBT in there. I have a few others with those and for $100 is hard to beat.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JestersHK wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:49 pm
Thanks, It has the Larue MBT in there. I have a few others with those and for $100 is hard to beat.
My bad, I shouldve figured it had came with the lower.