What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PeaceInOurTime

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I tried to explain my "relation" to the Salt 2 SE (which I carried on a hike yesterday) before already:

There are Spydies that actually connect more with the knife guy in me on an "emotional" level, like my HAP40 Stretch 1 or the Chaparral or my Micarta scale Endura.

But as a plain and simple tool, the Salt 2 SE is a must have for me.

Just realized that again yesterday: Thought I had lost mine and was about to order another one immediately, cause it really is an essential hiking and mountaineering tool to me.
Something I can throw in my pack or pocket without adding almost any weight, but when needed it does its job with flying colors and feels really locked in and comfortable in my hand.
(Luckily I then found it unclipped in the zippered pocket of a skitouring pant where I forgot it - which is easy, given how light that thing is... ;) )

Here are two (of several) threads I started about this amazing model:

viewtopic.php?p=1508736#p1508736

viewtopic.php?p=1496689#p1496689

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
clinton1

Post by clinton1 »

S90V Burlap
20240407_234154.jpg
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Another variant of the Salt 2 Gernot…it’s funny because I have five different Salt 2’s but not your particular model…I have the LC PE version and the LC SE wharnie…this is a picture from yesterday while shopping at Wally World…notice the empty row on the right, well there’s a perfectly good reason for that 🎣 😉 P.S. if I ever did lose one of them I’d immediately order another one too 👊
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:18 am
Another variant of the Salt 2 Gernot…it’s funny because I have five different Salt 2’s but not your particular model…I have the LC PE version and the LC SE wharnie…this is a picture from yesterday while shopping at Wally World…notice the empty row on the right, well there’s a perfectly good reason for that 🎣 😉 P.S. if I ever did lose one of them I’d immediately order another one too 👊
On sale for $1.88! 🤩
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Been carrying the UKPK lately. Great knife for lightweight daily stuff. The lock is strong yet easy to close one handed. Great blade for cutting fruit. The wire clip is great and while I’m not normally a fan of finger choils, this one is large and roomy. I’ll be excited if the caly 3 comes back.
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:19 am

I really wish they´d have given this one an SE version... like it is the case with pretty much all other (I guess??) Non - G10 Salt knives..

Manix 2 LW in SE, regardless of the steel: Instant purchase.
And Magnacut definitely not the worst option here... ;)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Delica plus another.

- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:27 am
Delica plus another.

Great knife, great patina, great scales, great background!! :grin-big eyes
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

:winking-tongue Thanks Gernot! Figured you would like that one.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
CasperFatone

Post by CasperFatone »

Carrying my “Bombshelled” M4 Shaman Image
Amateur maker of folding knives and addicted to modding Spyderco knives

Folding Mules- m398 liner lock, Rex76 compression lock flipper, 15v liner lock flipper, 15v LW compression lock flipper
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:25 pm
:winking-tongue Thanks Gernot! Figured you would like that one.

I do indeed! :clinking-mugs
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Eclipse knifeImage
MRj “Weak things break!”
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

RugerNurse wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:12 am
On sale for $1.88! 🤩
🤣🤣🤣
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

RugerNurse wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:14 am

Been carrying the UKPK lately. Great knife for lightweight daily stuff. The lock is strong yet easy to close one handed. Great blade for cutting fruit. The wire clip is great and while I’m not normally a fan of finger choils, this one is large and roomy. I’ll be excited if the caly 3 comes back.
That’s a dang good lookin’ knife 👊
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:56 am
JSumm wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:27 am
Delica plus another.

Great knife, great patina, great scales, great background!! :grin-big eyes
Agreed 👏👊
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Hey Salty,

it actually was quite a tough decision with which particular Salt 2 model to go for me..

Thought about an H1/H2 variant, but then figured a) I wanted the lightest possible version (and the ffg LC is a tad lighter) and b) for more "heavy duty" I´d bring my H1 Pac Salt 1 SE anyway (as you know of course the H1/H2 models have a stronger blade (no tapering) and more robust tip).

Also I was close to getting a wharnie, but then thought the "regular" does not have too much belly either anyway, and I like the more robust sheepsfoot tip (for the outdoors and mountaineering) which I could always mod to "pointier" later on if I want too.

And yes, there are several Spydies I´d try to replace immediately if I ever lost one - just cause I like ´em so much.
With the Salt 2 SE it is rather though that I would feel like I am missing a specialized essential TOOL I absolutely want from a practical point of view... it just is my by default hiking knife, unbeatable in its "capability to weight" relation! :smlling-eyes