Change scales on Paramilitary 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jhatha

Change scales on Paramilitary 2

Post by jhatha »

I purchased red scales for my Spyderco Paramilitary 2. Is there someone out there that can put the new red scales on my Paramilitary 2?
jhatha

Re: Change scales on Paramilitary 2

Post by jhatha »

By the way I sent the red scales and Paramilitary 2 to the Spyderco factory in Colorado and they called me to tell me that they don't put on "after model" parts. They are sending my knife and red scales back to me so I will give it another try myself.

Any suggestions?

Jim Hathaway
Gold Canyon, AZ jhatha@gmail.com
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Without trying to be mean, do it yourself. It is just a few screws take your time. A simple google search will show you how if you are still unsure. I linked a video to make it easier on you if you could not find something to help you.

Last edited by WilliamMunny on Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

Maybe Knives Plus could do that. I know you can send them a knife for modifications, but usually those modifications are more extensive than swapping scales. If I were you I'd do it myself, it is pretty easy to learn on the PM2. You need torx drivers size T6, T8 and T10. Another option if you can't do it would be to call a local knife shop that does sharpening... they might just have the know how to do it.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Knives Plus only does mods on knives that are purchased at the store or online . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi Jim, I’d be happy to do that for you for free if you’re willing to pay the shipping costs. I’ve done dozens of scale swaps on that model and several others. If you’re game, let me know here in this thread and I’ll send you an email with my address. Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

It's pretty easy to do honestly, I'd highly recommend giving it a shot. All you need is some decent torx bits, loctite, a clean working area, and some patience. Plus you get to see the internals of your knife.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045