Will the PM2 Tanto become a regular production model (please)?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
_centurio_

Will the PM2 Tanto become a regular production model (please)?

Post by _centurio_ »

Hi together,

though I search a lot for a PM2 Tanto, I am not able to find it.

Here in Austria (Europe) there were no Sprint Runs available.

That model would be the ideal EDC and working folder with relatively light weight.

I love Spyderco as a company and also their products, but for me it is hard to find the perfect knife that fits my needs, the PM2 tanto would be that knife.

I even sold my 15V Shaman, regular PM2, Manix 2 (G10). Shaman and Manix are too heavy for EDC (though I love those models for sure, but they did not get enough pocket time).

The regular PM2 comes close to perfect for a working EDC knife, but the tip is a tad too fine for my needs.

So right at the moment, I carry my Para 3 G10 DLC every day. That knife I found to be the best working EDC knife available. The tip is a little thicker than the PM2 tip. It is very robust and cuts well. The compression lock is also the best lock available in terms of strenght and ease of manipulation, I love it.

The Para 3 has a nice size to it for actually working/using it. I do not like too long blades for doing serious work.

So for me, the PM2 Tanto would be the perfect knife. Spyderco is doing so much for their customers, a huge variety of nice models, new steels, handle materials, refinements etc. That is really great.

Please give us the PM2 Tanto for a regular production model.

BR Oliver
nerdlock

Re: Will the PM2 Tanto become a regular production model (please)?

Post by nerdlock »

This has been a contentious topic a couple of years ago or so, with many forumers arguing over the merits of limiting this blade shape to a dealer exclusive.

On a side note, the PM2 Tanto is a bit heavier than a regular PM2 and a bit closer to the weight of a Manix 2 (exclusive), so if weight is your concern, you need to take note of this.

Regular PM2 - 3.75 oz
Tanto PM2 - 4.20 oz
Manix 2 (any dealer exclusive) - 4.28 oz

Also, the Tanto PM2 isn't exactly the sliciest of Spydercos, despite having a hollow grind.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet