Lil' Native Magnacut

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gdwtvb

Lil' Native Magnacut

Post by gdwtvb »

Eric has said all US made Spydercos will eventually get magnacut. I am most excited about the Magnacut Lil' Native. Since the lightweight Lil' native has already been revealed in the latest catalog, I am guessing that will be the one that gets the Magnacut treatment. I can't wait.

Anyone else excited for this one?

Grizz
DavidNM

Re: Lil' Native Magnacut

Post by DavidNM »

I know that I am! I REALLY hope to see the backlock version of the Lil’ Native gets magnacut blade steel. For me the Lil’ Native with the backlock is probably as close to the perfect knife for me. Magnacut would only make it better.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i'm really favoring longer blades more and more, but this one might get me. a thinner lil native and make a salt...? it would be very hard to pass up.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Yes, I'll definitely pick up one. I like that the LW has a thinner blade and handle.
Jesla

Post by Jesla »

In my use… neither offer anything over s110v…. I don’t seem to have issues sharpening s110v that others do, never chipped or broken on any of them (I did manage to micro chip one of my XHP blades)… sadly for me, it seems s110v will disappear from the catalog with the proliferation of magnacut.

S110v, XHP, SPY27 and Rex 45 are my goto’s and haven’t found anything that I can’t do with at least one of them.
Whatever turns you on, cupcake.
Still plays with knives…
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

A Lil Native backlock salt in magnacut would be DOPE!!! I’d pair it with the Dfly H2 SE salt for the ultimate in a small combo…could there be a new GOAT on the horizon? 🤔
phaust

Post by phaust »

Jesla wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:09 am
In my use… neither offer anything over s110v…. I don’t seem to have issues sharpening s110v that others do, never chipped or broken on any of them (I did manage to micro chip one of my XHP blades)… sadly for me, it seems s110v will disappear from the catalog with the proliferation of magnacut.

S110v, XHP, SPY27 and Rex 45 are my goto’s and haven’t found anything that I can’t do with at least one of them.
With the Mil2 immediately coming out in S110v, I'm not worried yet about it disappearing. None of the new catalog expansions--cruwear everything, magnacut everything, Spy27 everything--come close to providing the edge holding of s110v, so I don't see any of them as a replacement.
SchoonerBum

Post by SchoonerBum »

A lil Native lightweight salt would be fantastic. Hopefully we get both satin and DLC options.
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

A Lil' Native LW Salt with backlock and wire clip would be a day 1 purchase for me.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:13 am
A Lil Native backlock salt in magnacut would be DOPE!!! I’d pair it with the Dfly H2 SE salt for the ultimate in a small combo…could there be a new GOAT on the horizon? 🤔
I’ve been idly daydreaming about a back lock Lil Native Salt in Magnacut as an alternative to my H1 SE D’fly for multi-day runs. Now if they made a Magnacut SE D’fly I might just implode with enthusiasm!
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

JoviAl wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:03 am
I’ve been idly daydreaming about a back lock Lil Native Salt in Magnacut as an alternative to my H1 SE D’fly for multi-day runs. Now if they made a Magnacut SE D’fly I might just implode with enthusiasm!
As much as I hate to say it the Lil Native does have better ergos for me but it’ll never fully replace the Dfly 😉
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:23 pm
JoviAl wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:03 am
As much as I hate to say it the Lil Native does have better ergos for me but it’ll never fully replace the Dfly 😉
HERESY!!!
The power of the dragonfly compels you!
The power of the dragonfly compels you!!!
The power of the dragonfly compels you!!!!!

Joking aside - I think a lil native salt LW in any lock permutation would be absolutely brilliant. It would make the ultimate gifting knife for non-knife people (who you like enough to spend that much on anyway 🤔). Even though I really like comp locks for work (for their solidarity, lack of blade play, etc) I absolutely prefer a back lock or CBBL for trail running and other outdoor pursuits where it’s going to get jostled and banged about a lot IWB.
- Al

Dream knives -
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Ha 🤣 Agreed and especially your opinion on the back lock because it’s hands down my favorite lock…fyi the Dfly Salt SE is still and will always be the GOAT!!! 🐐
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

I would dearly love a triad lock salt knife (probs with liners) to do away with the lock rock. I know it really doesn’t matter in any practical sense, but I really like a rock-solid folding knife lockup - it just feels excellent.
- Al

Dream knives -