Invitation to the 17th Spyderco Meet in Amsterdam

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TimButterfield

Re: Invitation to the 17th Spyderco Meet in Amsterdam

Post by TimButterfield »

Separate emails sent for wife and I.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

And we're fully booked! We can still accept people for the reserves or standby-list.

Thank you all for the fast registrations!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:09 pm
And we're fully booked! We can still accept people for the reserves or standby-list.

Wouter
I'm so happy to have the opportunity to meet long time friends of the forum, make new ones and see what Spyderco might bring us in the future !

Little question : Do we need to confirm the invitation or the fact the we received an e-mail confirming our registration is enough ?

Oh, and is it bad form to bring some of Eric's designs and boxes for him to sign ? (if he's willing and/or have the time to, of course)
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Cuttingedge

Post by Cuttingedge »

Lease can you put me on the reserve list???

Cuttingedge
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:25 pm
Mr Blonde wrote:

Wouter
I'm so happy to have the opportunity to meet long time friends of the forum, make new ones and see what Spyderco might bring us in the future !

Little question : Do we need to confirm the invitation or the fact the we received an e-mail confirming our registration is enough ?

Oh, and is it bad form to bring some of Eric's designs and boxes for him to sign ? (if he's willing and/or have the time to, of course)
Hi Robin , no you don’t need to confirm you are in. :beaming-face
And you are free to bring along some boxes. My gf is doing the same.
Myself i was lucky enough to even have one signed by Sal the last Amsterdam meet he went to. :grin-smiling-eyes
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

apollo wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:08 am
Ramonade wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:

Wouter

Hi Robin , no you don’t need to confirm you are in. :beaming-face
And you are free to bring along some boxes. My gf is doing the same.
Myself i was lucky enough to even have one signed by Sal the last Amsterdam meet he went to. :grin-smiling-eyes
Thanks Dimi :open-grin. That's something special. I would love to meet Sal once, even if I have to make a France-USA trip one day just for it. Having his signature on anything would make it a very special item for me !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

And the reserves or standy-list is full now as well, so registration is now closed. Thank you for all your interest and enthusiasm, we're looking forward to the meet!

Wouter
G_shark

Post by G_shark »

So are we, Wouter! Talk you you all soon. Psyched to be there again.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Ramonade wrote:

Receiving the confirmation e-mail is enough. Please mention your number when we meet 'at the meet' so I can tick off your name.

And yes you're absolutely welcome to bring a few boxes for Eric to sign. But please be mindful and don't bring your entire collection, so Eric has a chance to meet the other attendees as well at the meet. ;)

Wouter
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:09 pm
Ramonade wrote:

Receiving the confirmation e-mail is enough. Please mention your number when we meet 'at the meet' so I can tick off your name.

And yes you're absolutely welcome to bring a few boxes for Eric to sign. But please be mindful and don't bring your entire collection, so Eric has a chance to meet the other attendees as well at the meet. ;)

Wouter
No worries, I'll write it somewhere on me before I go, just to be sure not to forget it :winking-tongue
I planned to only take the Domino and Dice, which are IMHO his best designs :grin-smiling-eyes. Just being there will be a highlight in my Spyderco afi life already, everything else is just a bunch of red fruits on top.

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I think this is really cool of Spyderco to put on. I hope you all have a fantastic time, but I know you will. Every year at Blade Show, we get to meet the people behind the company. They are every bit as passionate about this hobby as we are if not more. You see a bunch of up and coming companies/makers where the owners are engaging with their customers and excited to talk shop and share stories. But to see an established company with a lot going on worldwide still interact at this level with their customers is almost unheard of. Thank you all for those who put in the time every year to make events like this special!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

So happy to see great friends being able to go to Amsterdam ! It’s the ultimate dream for me to attend but just a realistic adventure . Hopefully we will see a buddy shot of Robin and Dimi ! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
TimButterfield

Post by TimButterfield »

I had really hoped to make it, but we will have a move starting soon. So, 59 and 60 were released to the reserve list. The cancellation emails have already been sent.
max808

Post by max808 »

TimButterfield wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:08 am
I had really hoped to make it, but we will have a move starting soon. So, 59 and 60 were released to the reserve list. The cancellation emails have already been sent.
Your loss is my gain Sir. Hope all goes well on the upcoming move. Can't wait to catch up with the Northern Legion!
:respect :bug-red :respect
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Flight and hotel booked!
Pray i don't get ill or the event gets cancelled.. :thinking
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

There's only one fear I have : I can only speak relatively well (in a poor accent) when I'm alone. Once I have a bit of stress my english becomes so sloppy it sounds like a soup ! :squinting-tongue :squinting-tongue :squinting-tongue

Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:39 am
There's only one fear I have : I can only speak relatively well (in a poor accent) when I'm alone. Once I have a bit of stress my english becomes so sloppy it sounds like a soup ! :squinting-tongue :squinting-tongue :squinting-tongue
Nothing to fear, just remember most Americans can only speak one language so you have nothing to worry about.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:39 am
Dont worry buddy most people sound and feel strange when speaking in another language as there own so you will not be the only one... :winking-tongue
And by the way you will be amazed how calm and gentle Eric is to talk to! Talking to any Glesser in real life is like doing yoga for some reason Zen takes over te place. :thinking :zany
Sal was even more chill to talk to. Wish he was still a bit younger and was able to still make the long trips like this one.
Also would wish my bosses would be more like Sal and Eric. There would be way less panic , and chaos at my job then i think. :zany
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I really wish all my European friends and fellow forum members a great Meet! (Of course also non Europeans , should any attend!) :smlling-eyes

REALLY have to make it myself next year (this year I already had a skitouring weekend arranged with some friends when I learned about the date of the Meet)!!

Not TOO far from Austria, and the last time I was in Amsterdam I was not even in my twenties or at best my early twenties I guess... (and had a super cheapo fixed blade with me on my way up north to the Lapland wilderness... :grin-sweat )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Just about 6 hours before the meet now. Hope everyone attending has a good time!

Can’t wait to hear about how much there is to look forward to and as always very excited to see any photos Mr. Blonde can share with us! :bug-white :party-face
-Nick :bug-red